Jacobs: I Was Able To Overpower What Gennady Golovkin Did

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Jacobs: I Was Able To Overpower What Gennady Golovkin Did
Last Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, middleweight contender Daniel Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Maciej Sulecki (26-1, 10 KOs).

The contest was sanctioned as a WBA world title eliminator.

Jacobs is now in line to get a crack at the WBA world title, which is currently handled by unified champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs).

golovkin-jacobs-fight%20(11).jpg

Golovkin is back in the ring on Saturday night, when he defends his belts against Vanes Martirosyan at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

More than likely, Golovkin - should he win - move forward with a potential rematch against Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 15th.

But, Jacobs is still very eager to get his hands on the man known as GGG.

Jacobs and Golovkin collided in the ring last March at New York's Madison Square Garden, with the champion winning a close twelve round decision.

Jacobs believes he did more than enough to win that fight.

And he's very confident of beating Golovkin in a rematch.

I think that level of confidence comes from my loss against Golovkin,” Jacobs said to Premier Boxing Champions.

“In my mind, I knew I beat Golovkin, and that put me as part of that elite level. It’s a level of confidence and mental strength that comes with fighting someone like Golovkin that you get and maintain a superior level.:wow:

“Golovkin is someone who had power and he had skill. I was able to deter him from all of those things that he does well. I was able, in my opinion, to overpower what he did. I was predicted to be knocked out within six, and I went the whole 12. It was something I needed, because you don’t know where you are unless you go in there and actually perform. That’s what I did. I performed. I was able to show that I could bang with the best of them.”:wow:

Speaking like he’s talking about a god :wow:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Hate to break it to Jacobs but GGG ain't thinking about that rematch
GGG thinking about that 8 figure payday coming in September
Jacobs need to set up a match with Charlo or Andrade
GGG dropped him and won on all the cards
really no real incentive to give dude a rematch, when canelo and even charlo will make more money

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to break it to Jacobs but GGG ain't thinking about that rematch
GGG thinking about that 8 figure payday coming in September
Jacobs need to set up a match with Charlo or Andrade
GGG dropped him and won on all the cards
really no real incentive to give dude a rematch, when canelo and even charlo will make more money

Jacobs easily one, he hit Jacobs while he was switching between southpaw and he tripped over his feet, its still technically a knock down, but lets not act like GGG landed some kind of bomb and dropped

GGG's power has not been evident in his fights since fighting Kell Brook

At the end of the day Canelo is the less of GGG's worriest

He has to fight Sergey Derevyanchenko who is IBF Mandatory
He has to fight Charlo who is his WBC mandatory
He has to fight Daniel Jacobs who is now his WBA mandatory

These are fights he will lose. He won't fight all of them, and he will lose his belts and never unify the division like that bullshyt excuse he gave for not moving up to 168

If anything he will pick jacobs because it is the easier fight

he will retire before facing Charlo

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I had Jacobs winning 115-112 against Sulecki. I thought Sulecki did his thing and held his own. I'd like to see Jacobs fight BJS

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jacobs sometimes acts like he washed this dude and got some kind of fukked up decision lol. You could ARGUE that Jacobs won I suppose, even though I had GGG winning the fight.