Jim Trotter On Why More Players Haven't Spoken Up For Colin Kaepernick

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I see where he's coming from, but when u see a mission like this, I don't think you need everything said explicitly. And it isn't like these players cant just directly talk to Kaep :stopitslime:His door is always open if u need to know about the "endgame"

aint no reason for him to say shyt about the blackballing, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt :yeshrug:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
If we really want to keep it 1000.... if you scared to speak up cause you might lose an endorsement.... was that an endorsement that you REALLY want to begin with?
this is a pretty impregnable statement and something that can be rectified if the right markets are enrichened by investments by these players, but the current problem is that there's very few national brands that are gonna stand for any tangible protesting, much less one from a black person

Daps
Why would he allow or disallow anything that HE did not personally endorse. Even Spike Lee isn't involved in this rally. Just people who want to use Spike Lee's name to have a rally for Kaepernick. And Spike Lee endorsed it because he believes Kaep should play.

There's no should of could of in this. Because there is nothing DIRECTLY from Kaepernick on what he wants to do in regards to his career. Everyone is just ASSUMING.

read your first sentence then your last.... Irony

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@aceboon And one more thing in that so-called Bennett interview... out that SAME ARTICLE, this what Bennett said:

He BIG-UP'D PETE CARROLL! He BIG-UP'D his owner! And they STILL DID NOT SIGN HIM. You really think Bennett was ADVOCATING to his coach or trying to persuade to get him on that team or is he just saying that shyt just to say it the same way Pete Carroll did?
Lol @ one more thing, I didnt read your last post all the way through when your ass didnt want to admit you were wrong. My last thing to you is to disable your caps lock button, fakkit.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ one more thing, I didnt read your last post all the way through when your ass didnt want to admit you were wrong. My last thing to you is to disable your caps lock button, fakkit.

I wasn't wrong. Where did Bennett say he campaigned for Kaep to be with the Seahawks. He said he liked him on his team. The same blanket statement that Pete Carroll stated himself. It meant NOTHING.

The thread is about why players aren't protesting get him on a TEAM. Not if they hypothetically want to be on one.

fantabolous

smart usage of data plan
Daps
Reppin
The 313
He has expressed his willingness to play. He is currently training. His agent has spoken with other teams about playing.

Not really, he's expressed willingness to play by taking meetings with teams. Unless you have feedback from his camp, Pete Caroll came out of the meeting saying Kaepernick is a starter in this league.

I think we both believe he's qualified talent wise to compete and be a starter in this league, so I don't wanna say Pete is just blatantly lying. Does that mean Kaep just wasn't interested in a limited backup role in Seattle? Russell Wilson clearly isn't going anywhere... Allegedly the money was too far apart. So a team with an entrenched starter isn't typically looking to pay top dollar for a backup qb.

Kaep opted out because he was going to get cut. Listen to actual 9er fans who know the whole story.

Stop caping for the league. It's disgusting.

He opted out because they told him he was getting cut and he'd have more time in free agency.

Coming off his protest and being under contract, it would've been a rough PR situation to release him, not saying the team wouldn't have, but personally I would've forced their hand and took my chances. It's like a job convincing you to quit instead of firing you.

I'm not trying to say he's wrong somehow or to blame, but none of that changes the facts. I want him in the league, but if he's comfortable with social activism until the right situation arises more power to him. He's not obligated to take just any offer that's out there, and so I'm not gonna rush to say he's being blackballed. Everybody focuses on "who" gets signed before him, but are we positive he's willing to play for what they're getting signed for?