John Cena is a scum bag tales

Daps
PJ Black was complimentary about Cena in another part of the AMA, though. So, it wasn't a total hatefest.

John Cena was good. A lot of people hate him, but they don't realize all the time and effort he puts in. He possesses the ability to feel what the audience wants at the right time, like doing standup comedy and having to change a bombing joke on the spot. He's probably the best in the world currently at changing a match on the fly if it is going wrong.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I like Cena but his matches have become too repetitive for me. Just a shyt ton of finisher kickouts and nearfalls, cue "this is awesome" and the crowd eats that shyt up. Every Reigns match is becoming like that as well.

Just me but I'd like for finishers to stop being kicked out of and actually near falls being cut to a minimum, barring the odd match of course.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I like Cena but his matches have become too repetitive for me. Just a shyt ton of finisher kickouts and nearfalls, cue "this is awesome" and the crowd eats that shyt up. Every Reigns match is becoming like that as well.

Just me but I'd like for finishers to stop being kicked out of and actually near falls being cut to a minimum, barring the odd match of course.

That's not a Cena or Reigns match, that's the WWE Main Event match. Cena kind of popularized it with that awesome US Title Reign but WWE started slowly transitioning towards that match style even before then. I can't knock it, whatever gets the crowd hype.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
That's not a Cena or Reigns match, that's the WWE Main Event match. Cena kind of popularized it with that awesome US Title Reign but WWE started slowly transitioning towards that match style even before then. I can't knock it, whatever gets the crowd hype.

CeGOAT spoiling these smarks

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
The Cena-Shield story:

Dean Ambrose reveals The Shield used to 'gang up on people' to get their way backstage at WWE

Dean Ambrose was a guest on Talk is Jericho this week and during the course of the interview, he relayed an interesting story to illustrate how The Shield operated backstage while they were still a unit.

In short, they basically worked their television gimmick with the office.

Dean explains:

"We've gone in, like the three of us, and protested everything. If we don't like something, we were like terrors to them because it's going to be 'oh god, The Shield's not going to like this' and then two seconds later we're in the office, 'uh, yeah, we don't like this.' Not that we're like jerks but, you know.

"They wanted us to, I think it was like our second or third pay-per-view, it was like right before our first WrestleMania, it was like a six-man on a pay-per-view, the finish was Cena over with the schmutz. And we're like, as soon as we go down to John, we're just like everybody else because that's what he does to everybody else. There will be a time where we'll do that all day and that's fine but it's not today. Otherwise, why are we even here? We went into that pay-per-view like 'we're not doing it,' more or less. We didn't have to because there was enough people on our side, and it was brought up, but it was one of those things where, like, we were always on the same side, one-for-all, all-for-one. If we didn't like something it would be like 'nope, not happening' because there are three of us and it's hard to gang up on all three of us. So we would gang up on people to get our way, kind of thing."

The Shield made a memorable debut at Survivor Series in 2012, had a "Match of the Year" candidate at TLC in their first pay-per-view (PPV) bout, and were booked as strong as any wrestlers in recent memory.

So, naturally, they wanted them to lose to John Cena at Elimination Chamber, just a month away from their first WrestleMania.

Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed and the crew didn't have to "gang up" on anyone to get their way on this one. The mentality Ambrose speaks of, however, could be what led Vince McMahon to name all three members of the group as performers who are all reaching for the brass ring.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Cliff Notes, 3 mins in and this jackass is giving me his opinion on Bret Hart's promos and making up shyt like Bret was wearing glasses all the time because he was so nervous.

fukk outta here with this loser.

Actually it's true, that's a story Bret has told numerous times:
When Bret was starting out in the wrestling business, he was not nearly as confident on the mic as he is in the ring. One time, he was cutting a promo, there was some noise in the back and it made them have to look at the footage to see if it was usable. The footage was ruined, but it also allowed Bret to observe how nervous and scared his eyes made him look. As a result, he ran and picked up a pair of sunglasses and wore them for the interview. Given that Bret was trying to make his name in any way that he could, I’m sure he was thrilled when it became part of his iconic look.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Former WWE star Tyler Rex recently conducted a Reddit AMA and below is an excerpt of what Reks had to say regarding rumors of John Cena attempting to bury Alex Riley backstage in WWE:

“There is truth that there was some sort of unknown, unreasonable heat between Riley and Cena. To the point where everyone on the roster thought that Cena was treating him in a way that was totally uncalled for. No one approached Cena about it, but the entire locker room was on Riley’s side, a lot of condolences, and this is ‘ridiculous, bro,’ and it was every freakin’ day. Cena thought Riley did something wrong every single day.

Like, it’s completely against the wrestler code to ever go through another wrestler’s bag. One day, Riley walked into an empty locker room and Cena was just going through his bag. He found some pre-workout vitamins and b—hed him out for taking supplements, asking if he ‘thinks this is ok.’ Like, he was looking for a reason to get him fired.

We had the match when Linda was running for Congress for the Stand Up For WWE charity shows, and it was a tag match, I think it was a six man tag match if I remember right. And it was me, Hawkins, and Ziggler vs. Riley, and two other baby faces. Cena had made it clear that he wanted Riley to act a certain way and do certain things. And we structured the entire match to his wishes and it went flawlessly as far as we were concerned. The second we walked backstage he came up to me and said ‘hey where’s numbnuts?’ And he sees the look on my face and tells me to go get Riley. So all six of us came back and he b—hed out Riley in front of the backstage roster — about how he always tells him to do one thing and he does another, and Cena was ‘washing his hands of helping him.’ Even Ziggler was like, ‘What the hell, man?'”

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Former WWE star Tyler Rex recently conducted a Reddit AMA and below is an excerpt of what Reks had to say regarding rumors of John Cena attempting to bury Alex Riley backstage in WWE:

There is truth that there was some sort of unknown, unreasonable heat between Riley and Cena. To the point where everyone on the roster thought that Cena was treating him in a way that was totally uncalled for. No one approached Cena about it, but the entire locker room was on Riley’s side, a lot of condolences, and this is ‘ridiculous, bro,’ and it was every freakin’ day. Cena thought Riley did something wrong every single day.
fukk every single one of them dudes

Last edited: