:mjcry: hoya paranoia - my childhood :to:

john-thompson-patrick-ewing-georgetown-hoyas.jpg

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
if the Big East was still alive yea.. but alot of those former Big East schools took a hit in relevancy..

Villlanova just won a national title last season and 7 out of the league's 10 teams (70%) made the NCAA tournament this season, which was the highest percentage of any league in the country. The league also has a great television deal and still plays its conference tournament in Madison Square Garden. The conference is just fine.

As for Georgetown, it's smack dab in the middle of arguably the most fertile area recruiting-wise in the country, has one of the biggest basketball budgets in the country, was paying JTIII $3.6M per season, which shows they will pay for top coaching talent, just opened up one of the best practice facilities in the country and plays their home games in an NBA arena.

They will garner more than enough interest in this job.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That out of date Princeton offense he was running. No bueno

Georgetown is a private school. I wonder how much they have to spend to get a good coach
they were paying JT3 about 4 million a year

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
:banderas: with Georgetown in chaos mode ( losing waters, Peak, and mourning) that's an extra two Big East wins for us. SJU didn't even have a complete roster last year and we beat Butler, Seton Hall, Marquette, Syracuse ( at Syracuse) , and providence ( at providence) . Now with GT entering DePaul status:banderas: those predictions of us being a tournament team is looking legit.

I hear you... I watch from the side since I'm not a huge basketball fan in general, but I always keep tabs on my Johnnies. Hell, I was there when they had a football team lol (St John's)...I woke up early a few saturdays to go watch me on the now lacrosse field lol.

Nah I just hope we can get back in this. We've been cellar dwellers for too long...time for us to come up

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
It's Pat's job if he wants it:mjpls:

But the team sure aren't wearing Ewings on the court:pachaha:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Pat is my niigga but I don't know if hiring him triggers some sort of turnaround, just like it hasn't for Chris Mullin at St. John's. If he goes back home and flames out, that sets his NBA coaching aspirations back even further.
If he were to flame out at GT he'll get another assistant job in the NBA no problem. But to keep it 100 he might never get a head coaching job in the league the way they treat him. He's been an assistant like forever so he might as well get his head coaching on at GT. Obtaining your very own D1 program is hard as hell and nothing to sneeze at imo. I thought he had to start off at a lower HBCU to be honest but if he can land the Georgetown gig then:salute: