Jon Favreau Set to Direct New ‘Star Wars’ Movie ‘The Mandalorian & Grogu’

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is a smart move because "Mandarlian" has been one of the most popular streaming shows for years. Plus they are shot like films as far as the budgets. and baby Yoda/Grogu is hugely popular. This is a layup if they do this right and will bring a lot of casual fans. They have to find a way to put "Star Wars" in that title though. Look everyone crying about "Disney" Star Wars, when a lot of those same people were capping for them and dissing George Lucas before "Force Awakens" Came out. I was in a thread telling everyone "Disney is for kids, don't get your hopes up". But all heard is "Lucas and Prequels sucks". Nope you all now owns these Disney films. You told all of us that defending Lucas we were wrong. You don't get flip now.

From 2015-2019 we got 5 Disney Star Wars Films, I'm sorry but that was overkill and not the way Lucas released films. They obviously were trying to recoup those Billions and they did. But it oversaturated the Franchise badly. I thought they did a good job letting the Theatrical films breathe by not releasing anything these last 4 years. That was Lucas formula. Star Wars is not made to come out every year or two years. They need solid gaps. I thought they did a great job with the live action TV shows. (Though I didn't watch all of Andor and Asoka). All of these shows were originally "Spin Off Movies". Instead they worked much better as Television shows. Out of all the shows, The Mandalorian was the most popular so you naturally make that a film.

Plus there is a lot of potential in the the Time Period after "Return of the Jedi" which most of the Extended Universe was based off. Obi-Won could have worked as a movie too. "Andor" and "Bobafett" was for more OG Star Wars fans and "Obi-Won" and "Asoka" was for the Prequel fans. The Rey movie is for little girls and young Star Wars fans. Some of ya'll grown men need to stop crying about a "Rey" movie. (OMG, Another Rey Movie, wahhh), lol. Disney has always marketed to girls, they got their Girl Jedi and made 4 Billion Dollars and they are riding with it. Ya'll need to grow the hell up, it's really not that serious. It seems like a spin off but if it's Episode X, it is what it is. "The Mandalorian" film is probably going to be more geared to older Star Wars Fans. The "Rey" movie again is for younger ones so let the little girls have their thing. At some point you have to realize you are not the target demo anymore. Their goal is to bring in new fans and generations. With that said they are clearly using Easter eggs and nostalgia to bring in us old fans. I think "Mandalorian" does a great job bridging old and young Star Wars Fans so I expect it to be success.

Last edited: