Jon Jones - “I Won Decisively – Gustafsson Rematch Not Necessary”

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
motherfukkers really trying to expect Jones and Gus to come out round 5 doing jumping jacks and shyt after 4 grueling rounds?

anyways back on point, ive always said jones won 4 rounds to 1 (gus round 1,Jones 2,4,5 and stole round 3) but it was the most competitive fight to Jon Jones career, but i truely believe its best for both fighters that they dont have a rematch but have fights with other people or that rematch will be dull and shyt

have Jones face glover and have Gus maybe face Phil Davis and both come up with W's, then have the rematch

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
motherfukkers really trying to expect Jones and Gus to come out round 5 doing jumping jacks and shyt after 4 grueling rounds?

anyways back on point, ive always said jones won 4 rounds to 1 (gus round 1,Jones 2,4,5 and stole round 3) but it was the most competitive fight to Jon Jones career, but i truely believe its best for both fighters that they dont have a rematch but have fights with other people or that rematch will be dull and shyt

have Jones face glover and have Gus maybe face Phil Davis and both come up with W's, then have the rematch
Perfect scenario.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Where did Jones say he thought he won decisively. It looks like he recognizes that it was a close fight and that's why he wants to eventually fight him again from the actual Jones quotes.

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
The title of the article is a bit misleading, here's the official quote from Ariel Helwani from the UFC Tonight show:

"He told me he did not break his foot. It's just a deep bruise and he should be good to go in a few weeks. Right after the fight he thought the most-fair thing to do was to grant Alexander Gustafsson a rematch. Now, after watching the fight over ten more, Jones thinks he decisively won rounds two, four and five and that he decisively won the fight, so the most-fair thing to do is to move on."

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
since when do challengers who lose a close fight get a instant rematch with the champ? gus has to wait his turn and take care of business

the only fighters who get instant rematches are champs who lose the belt

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Bones is THAT DUDE as far as I'm concerned, but I do think a rematch is warranted. I watched the majority of that fight ranging from :leon:(not bad Gus, you came to fight) to :dwillhuh: (Oh shyt Bones about to lose...) Either way, I couldn't argue the results.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
since when do challengers who lose a close fight get a instant rematch with the champ? gus has to wait his turn and take care of business

People just want to see Jones lose friend.

Arson Welles

is the lightning
Daps
Reppin
The Gilead Gunslingers
I was pretty sure Jones had lost. People go back and forth about which rounds Gus or Jones won, (and that judge who scored 49-46 Jones is a moron) but I thought Gus had the edge in that fight.

I understand the "to be the champ you have to beat the champ" mindset. I get it. It wasn't one sided, and Jones landed some huge shots too. But I still think Gus won the majority of that fight. But an instant rematch? Naw. Let Gus beat whoever they put in front of him, Jones will destroy Glover, and then we'll have Gus/Jones II.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People just want to see Jones lose friend.

i think the rematch will be different, jones will work on his take downs and make adjustments

it took him a while to realize his elbows were his best weapons

Change

All Star
Daps

Machida VS Shogun.

Change

All Star
Daps
Off topic, but do you know the coaches for TUF Brazil?

No. Which is weird. I knew about Frankie a really long time ago and I knew the last few before they were announced but I haven't heard a single word about this TUF Brazil. Not even a rumor lately. Nothing.

I was told it was Shogun VS Lil Nog a while ago but I don't know if it changed because I haven't heard about Lil Nog's rehab.