Julio Cesar Chavez Jr says he'll fight GGG on Cinco De Mayo *update* Zurdo Ramirez says he wants GGG

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Triple would only have 2 or so weeks to prepare for a south paw:francis:

I don’t see that fight happening.
this whole shyt about southpaws is overstated...
Golovkin had 38 pro fights and near 400 amateur fights, don't tell me that he needs such a long time to wire himself to fight a southpaw

this won't happen though because the weight, I don't think and don't even expect Golovkin to move up on such short notice

he should just fight Andrade or Derevyanchenko. Derevyanchenko is even his nr 1 IBF challenger, why not get over that?

:camby: If they pick Spike O Sullivan, Chavez Jr., or the 22 years old kid.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think it would make sense that they deal with a golden boy fighter, I wouldn’t be suprised if Jamie is the fight that’s made.
breh that would be a bad fukking look, no matter what, that guy is 22 and his best opponents were Navarrette and Carlos Paz. C'mon... He is also competing in 154 not 160 even if he is quite a big 154er

if GBP only has subpar fighters and green prospects around the weight then maybe don't pick a ducking GBP fighter but pick a good opponent

EDIT: just checked, dude isn't even 22, he is 21

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Who do people realistically believe they're gonna throw in there with GGG with a month out? :yeshrug:

Not only that.....but are they still going about putting GGG vs TBA on PPV? If that's the case...:mjlol:

As far as who is actually available:

Billy Joe Saunders (26-0) - "Injured" and wouldn't fight GGG on 1 month notice
Sergiy Derevyanchenko - His team ain't throwing him into Lion's den that quick
David Lemieux - Been there, done that
Jermall Charlo - fighting this month on Showtime
Demetrius Andrade - :manny:

That's literally his choices at 160lbs outside of anyone moving up or coming down.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
breh that would be a bad fukking look, no matter what, that guy is 22 and his best opponents were Navarrette and Carlos Paz. C'mon... He is also competing in 154 not 160 even if he is quite a big 154er

if GBP only has subpar fighters and green prospects around the weight then maybe don't pick a ducking GBP fighter but pick a good opponent

EDIT: just checked, dude isn't even 22, he is 21
Ya I don’t like that fight but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

He’s going have a hard time getting a good Mexican opponent anywhere, or even a good 160 ponder period. Who’s available?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
this whole shyt about southpaws is overstated...
Golovkin had 38 pro fights and near 400 amateur fights, don't tell me that he needs such a long time to wire himself to fight a southpaw

this won't happen though because the weight, I don't think and don't even expect Golovkin to move up on such short notice

he should just fight Andrade or Derevyanchenko. Derevyanchenko is even his nr 1 IBF challenger, why not get over that?

:camby: If they pick Spike O Sullivan, Chavez Jr., or the 22 years old kid.
:dwillhuh:

U can’t be serious about not preparing for a southpaw.

This is a championship fight, not no 10th pro fight against a can.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ya I don’t like that fight but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

He’s going have a hard time getting a good Mexican opponent anywhere, or even a good 160 ponder period. Who’s available?
Or don’t pick a Mexican fighter then...
He isn’t Mayweather

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh:

U can’t be serious about not preparing for a southpaw.

This is a championship fight, not no 10th pro fight against a can.
More than a month left till the fight. Fighting a southpaw can affect during the preparation who are his sparring partners but that’s it. Yeah the game plan too but the other guy will also need a game plan against Golovkin so that kinda evens it out.

But you kow what, fine, if they are really so much aware of that shyt then don’t fight a southpaw but at least fight a good opponent not Sullivan, Munguia or Chavez.

Derevyanchenko is the IBF #1, he is orthodox, he has a come forward style and he is available. Let’s go

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
lmao at the thought of Triple G moving up. Do y’all know your history?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah I'm good, give us the rematch, no one cares about belts anyway, we just wanna see a fight
Easy to say for you or me, lol, but youi don't gotta be the one in there with a fighter on steroids, and you don't gotta be the one responsible for allowing it to happen.