Just started a Low carb diet this week..

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A lot of people are afraid of carbs. Not saying you are but 20 carbs a day for a grown man isn't adequate enough. Carbs give you energy and strength to go about your day. I understand you want to cut but if you eat healthy and observe what you consume than carbs aren't your problem; Sugars, saturated fats/ fats are.

Low fat, high carb, high protein diet seems more of a suitable fit.
Get your sugars from fruit.
when you are in Ketosis your body uses fat as energy like it would normally use glucose.

I am still getting plenty of fibre and veggies in my diet. Just non starchy ones like spinach, broccoli and green veggies like that.

avoiding all those starchy foods has actually been very noticeable for me on a day to day.
No bread, rice, or pasta as well and I'm feeling pretty daamn good, no loss of energy yet. and I'm over 30 days in on this(doin 90 days)

Im also avoiding fruit because of all the sugars that they contain. after the 90 days the fruit will be the first thing I will bring back.
I haven't had the glucose spikes at all....or the crashes. I've been more consistent and steady.

Kano

All Star
Daps
when you are in Ketosis your body uses fat as energy like it would normally use glucose.

I am still getting plenty of fibre and veggies in my diet. Just non starchy ones like spinach, broccoli and green veggies like that.

avoiding all those starchy foods has actually been very noticeable for me on a day to day.
No bread, rice, or pasta as well and I'm feeling pretty daamn good, no loss of energy yet. and I'm over 30 days in on this(doin 90 days)

Im also avoiding fruit because of all the sugars that they contain. after the 90 days the fruit will be the first thing I will bring back.
I haven't had the glucose spikes at all....or the crashes. I've been more consistent and steady.

If it works for you than props keep it up but I'm wondering what do you eat then?

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The only time i eat carbs is post workout and my refeed off days...

Jus do what your body reacts to well.. Everybody is different..

I've been eating eggs, avocados and make a protein shake with coconut oil in the mornings.. Or sometimes I skip breakfast and don't eat till post workout (usual 9pm)

There is no way I can cut out carbs completely... My refeed days are :ahh: I look forward to them

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im West African so i don't do low carbs.

We also got a larger percentage of people with high insulin resistance than normal...for those genetically predisposed to those diseases, lowering intake of carbs that are high in the glycemic index would help prevent later development of diabetes and a lot of other metabolic disorders.

That counts for black folk in America too since we largely share the same genetics and predispositions

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If it works for you than props keep it up but I'm wondering what do you eat then?

Typically for breakfast I'd have some eggs(different styles) with some bacon or sausage.
sometimes a ham and cheese omelette
always cooked in coconut oil

lunchs I'll have spinach salad with some cheese and chicken pieces. With homemade balsamic vinegar.
or leftover suppers from the night before.

dinner time will always consist of some kind of meat. Steaks, chicken, fish, pork, roast beef. all types of stuff.
Usually with some roasted veggies like asparagus, brussel sprouts or broccoli.
sometimes I'll have chicken wings or ribs.

I eat almonds, avocados, pepperoni sticks for snacks...

lots of options really. I think ppl are so used to just having carbs in there diet they don't realize that there is so many other good foods that are good.

Tonight I'm gonna make some portabello mushrooms pizzas...fukking delicious

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Starting a keto diet Monday. I'm doing between 2000&2400 calories a day

65%fat
30% protein
5% carbs (net)

My average for the week is exactly that. I feel like I have more energy than usual. I've tried before and failed. But this time I'm doing better because I've actually found a lot of recipes that help.

I made a bacon cheeseburger casserole last night. shyt was amazing.

Been eating bacon and eggs w/cheese for breakfast

And bunless burgers, hoagies for lunch.

My only concern is if I'm consuming too many calories. I'm not sure if I'm in ketosis or not.

I'm gonna weight myself today. I started around 215. Tryna get down to 200 in like 5-6 weeks.

The bread is that hard to be honest. I just have a sweet tooth. But I bought some Breyers carb smart ice cream. Something like 7 net carbs in a 1/2 cup. I treat myself to that at night.

Look into that if y'all struggling with sweets

Daps
I eat eggs fried or scrambled pretty much every morning with a tbsp of butter and some times with 2-3 slices of bacon

for lunches I will usually have something like spinach salad with some cut cheese in there and a homemade balsamic vinagrette (olive oil) sometimes I will put some chopped nuts in there like almonds

or just have some almonds as a snack.

suppers I usually eat some kind of meat
tonight I'm gonna have a nice steak, cooked medium rare with a tbsp of butter on it(so delicious)

Other meats I'll have are bunless hamburgers, roasted chicken, roast beef(with the fat and gravy made with no flour), pork chops. But I've also had chicken wings and BBQ ribs.

Pretty much with every meal I will have some kind of green vegetable usually roasted in olive oil with some salt and garlic
Aspargus and brussell sprouts I find are the best like this.

I also like broccoli or cauliflower and cheese (you can find a great low carb cheese sauce online)

I've also made steak/chicken skewers that were great
Avocado is a great option as a side, or on a burger or something

for snacks I usually just have 1/4 almonds or pepperoni sticks or jerky.

I find that I am not really that hungry between meals anymore.

I've also found a renewed love for cooking thanks to this diet. Finding and trying new recipes is great.

Over the last few weeks I've made (all from scratch)
homemade chili (even made my own chili powder)
Brocoli cheddar soup
portabello mushroom pizzas(EVERYONE should try these, so fukkin good.)
Chocolate chia pudding
Lemon Cheesecake

here are some other ideas
Low Carb Recipes for Ketogenic Diets

Eating Keto Style! | Low-Carb Recipes for the Keto Diet • /r/ketorecipes

Keto Recipes - Get Inspiration for your Cooking

Breh blessing us :wow:

Have some rep :wow:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I found out Sugar Free Gelatin is only 2 grams of protein per serving(no carbs, no fat), comes with 4 servings and cost a dollar. If you're looking for a dessert with lots of volume make yourself 3 boxes-that's 24 grams of protein and a bunch of volume.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
The ketogenic diet is cool but I'd rather do carb backloading..

Life too short to completely cut out carbs.. it ain't that serious... enjoy a fukkin pizza once n a while.

there's also keto pizza :sas2: