Killer Mike Reveals That 'Michael' Is First Project In A Trilogy

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Why don't I like this dude?

I even think he's a competent rapper.. just don't be wanting to hear what he has to say.

I reject the label of hater because I don't secretly like him but pretend not to. I just don't care for his work. And that's okay

You're not the only one. The thing with Mike is that dude can spit, but....he just...okay, I'm going to break it down in cinematic terms:

MV5BMzUzNDM2NzM2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM3NTg4OTE@._V1_.jpg

This movie received high praise, but for some strange reason I felt the movie was wild overrated due to the fact that it had plot holes, it lacked a musical approach despite it being damn near a musical, and the best part of the movie was the ending.

Killer Mike is the A24 movie of hip hop. He's pretentious, a smart dumb ass, cacs put dude on a pedestal but won't touch his Purple mixtapes or his Dungeon Family work, and overall if it wasn't for how fukked the hip hop industry is, the album would be a forgettable mess. Hell, Mick Jenkins should have recieved a Grammy for his album, but I digress :hubie:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Said he’s back in the studio with Cuz Lightyear, previously known as SL Jones back in Grind Time Rap Gang days….the real Killer Mike might be back…no more 16 bit era video game beats or cac raps from El P …I used to pray for times like this :wow:

I didn’t know SL Jones was the same person as Cuz Lightyear. :heh:

El P had some good beats, but his raps were so mid.

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
I really don't understand how you cannot like Mike as a rapper. As person to each his own but as a rapper?? nikka has it all.. every element of a MC he has it.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked the album. Not sure I want another personal album like that, but maybe he'll go in a different direction

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Idk. This might be one of those instances where you took years and years on a specific album (as the allegedly did with Michael), and then now you're gonna rush some follow ups due to the album's success and it won't hit the same. But we'll see.