"King Kong Ain't Got Nothin on De. . .ontay" Wilder vs Ortiz 3/3 SHOWTIME Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Wilder would be competitive in any era.. All this talk about "who beat who" "who was in their prime" none of this shyt matters when Wilder hits you.. All the skill, # of ametuer fights, resume, etc goes straight in the bushes along with your jaw when Wilder lands flush on you with his out of this world power

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just rewatched the fight from round 5 on :banderas:
Wilder was badly hurt in the 7th but in no way was he one punch away from being KO'd imo. A stoppage there wouldn't be fair at all above all in a HW title fight. This would have been Groves-Froch I status. He was shaky and hurt but Ortiz needed like 15 seconds more to take him out imo. And also the little rest with the docs gave Wilder wasn't as long as I remember. shyt lasted like 7 seconds and I agree that may have been of tremendous help for Wilder but Ortiz didn't even jump on him to finish the fight in that round. He kept being calm and not throwing much except some good left and some light body work when Wilder was cornered. I don't think things were unfair to Ortiz in that fight.