Reppin
NULL

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
:dwillhuh: Wow.....I knew it was a "class" issue with LL COOL J but I didn't know Moe Dee took it that seriously..even though LL came off as,arrogance and condescending it was just typical rap bravado to most fans such as myself

Cause all emcees outside of the conscious subgenre of hip hop bragged and boast about clocking mad dollars and being the "king" such as Busy b and Melle Mel and MC SHAN...

Its just that LL did it better than most rappers...:manny:

But I wish Moe Dee expounded on the PAYOLA issue more in regards to hip hop that explains a lot :smugfavre:

oregano flow

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: Wow.....I knew it was a "class" issue with LL COOL J but I didn't know Moe Dee took it that seriously..even though LL came off as,arrogance and condescending it was just typical rap bravado to most fans such as myself

Cause all emcees outside of the conscious subgenre of hip hop bragged and boast about clocking mad dollars and being the "king" such as Busy b and Melle Mel and MC SHAN...

But I wish Moe Dee expounded on the PAYOLA issue more in regards to hip hop that explains a lot :smugfavre:

this

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The HONORABLE SKJ said:

It wasn't the content that was objectionable, per sé, but the timing + the content. Making money was a part of being a real MC, but the emphasis in LL's rhymes tended to disavow making an honest living and putting down elders that struggled to 'make it'. Around that time, crack became really bad in the 'hood. Luckily, 'conscious' hip-hop was just starting to get heavy rotation, but it was soon eclipsed by 'gangsta'. Moe Dee and others saw the writing on the proverbial wall and tried to head it off, but the media push was too powerful to be denied.

It makes perfect sense, now. I thought it was just 'Old School' vs. 'New School' at the time, personally.

In any event, Moe Dee KILLED LL on wax, but LL won in the long run.

This rap shyt is deep.​

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

LL's bragging was on another level of brashness and arrogance though. He definitely turned it up a notch from Run DMC, Melle Mel, and Whodini, etc. A lot of older rap fans were put off by 16 year old LL's cockiness.