Kovalev vs Ward (All Punches Landed)

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One has nothing to do with he other. A lot of professionals who saw that fight believe Kovalev won, and they gave pretty damn good reasons to support their opinion.

Roy Jones one of the greatest boxers ever stated the fight was either a "draw or Kovalev." I guess he is just another idiot who knows nothing about boxing.:mjlol:

That is how many reasonable people saw that fight. Either a draw or Kovalev based on the fact that he had a knock down. If boxing didn't have a 10 second count, Ward would have been finished in the second.

If it was a street fight, Ward would have been finished.:lolbron:
ward wasn't hurt..

Flash

Real

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
I thought so on first viewing but my stream messed up for the early rounds and during a few swing rounds. I think what swayed the judges was Ward landing the cleaner shots from round 5 and on. Dude hit Kovalev with some haymakers in the gut that would've made any normal man die instantly.

.:ohhh:..factz...most casuals dont see the body shots or understand the effects those have on fighters...those things slow opponents down and take steam of their punches

also casuals arent really paying attention to details like when ward realize he wasnt gonna win fighting on the outside he quickly made it his mission to get close and stay/work on the inside with devastating body shots...thats what opened up the nice clean and flush shots he landed later on againts kovalev...bodywork helps you set up clean shots up stairs

and contrary to what folks are claiming, it was kovalev who was initiating those clinches cause of his lack of an inside game...the ward camp knew kovalev had no inside game... so everytime ward got close and nutralized his punching range kovalev went for the clinch

ward is a very cerebral dude

after getting dropped trying to throw a right hand from the outside he made the wise decision to fight up close the rest of the fight...it was ugly but effective

wards usual quickness may not have followed him to 175...he seened lathargic...he didnt use the right hand as much for some reason which may have been a defensive decision cause his right hand wasnt quick enough and got countered by kovolev with devastating effects

but ward did what he needed to do to win

judges score fights on three criterias;

effective aggression
clean hits/shots
defense

folks should go back and use these criterias to score the fight round by round themselves...ward should still be the winner because its champion vs champion...if ward was just a regular contender he would not have gotten the benifit of the doubt

this happened in the De la Hoya vs Tito fight and before that Leonard v Haggler + Leonard vs Duran 1

:francis:

Last edited:

Triangularbirds

All Star
Daps
How am I a fool when a lot of professional boxers believe that Kovalev won that fight? Is Vasyl Lomachenko also an "idiot who doesn't know anything about boxing" for saying that Kovalev won that fight?

You people are some funny characters. You can't handle any opinion that is different from yours.

They fought 12 rounds, and you stated, Ward started winning after round 6. That means at best Ward drew the fight. If you are going to to choose a winner, it has to be Kovalev.

Ward was doing the noodle leg dance. Ward was knocked down. Ward's face was way more busted up than Kovalev. Kovalev looked fresh in the post-fight interviews, while Ward looked battered and bruised.

Conclusion, get your math straight. How do you win a 12 round fight if at best you only won 6 rounds. Then, if the judges are not going to declare a draw, how can the winner be the guy with pillow fists (compare to his opponent) who was forced to do the noodle leg dance and was knocked down.
your opinion is valid but your justification is garbage, you don't know shyt about boxing don't act like you're some expert analyst :mjlol:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Edited the fight down and added punch stats as well as color changes to the video when each fighter lands. Didn't try to but I ended up counting the same amount of punches that compubox counted.

I'm not sure what you did bro, but youre wrong. Many discrepancies in your vid.

HERES THE REAL VID OF ACTUAL PUNCHSTAT FOR KOVALEV-WARD

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Look at those Kovalev shots every shot he threw bothered Ward seriously just look at his facial expressions; there is a reason that Boy is thinking retirement; that boy took a serious ass whooping

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps

That vids pretty corny and filled with discrepancies. He's pointing out "low blows" from Ward that were perfectly legal...The ref said anything on the belt line or above is legal. And the editor worked his hardest to fill the video with bullshyt to support his own opinion. If you're going to do a punches landed vid then it should be just that....Punches landed. No need to force the viewer to feel the same way you did about the fight.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Just finished watching this one....I was shocked Ward won. Kovalev probably would've won if he didn't clinch and headlock so much.