Ladies, what is your opinion on dating someone more in-shape than you?

semtex

:)
Daps
This is mainly geared towards women who aren’t into fitness. Does the idea of dating a dude who obviously takes care of himself put you off? Make you self-conscious in any way? :jbhmm:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
No but I’ve talked to quite a few chicks who seem self-conscious about their own bodies around me because I’m on that fit wave. Just wanted more insight into that line of thinking.
they are self conscious because you put out an air of thinking youre better than them beacuse you workout

someone who works out in your words:
obviously takes care of himself
so if she's not into fitness, you believe she's not taking care of herself. Id think these women fear getting into a situation that just leads to you eventually being resentful and judgemental. Also they may be intimidated by your looks/body and who it attracts. You seem very serious about the gym life, the women putting in work in the weight section at the gym might be a better fit.

semtex

:)
Daps
they are self conscious because you put out an air of thinking youre better than them beacuse you workout

someone who works out in your words:

so if she's not into fitness, you believe she's not taking care of herself. Id think these women fear getting into a situation that just leads to you eventually being resentful and judgemental. Also they may be intimidated by your looks/body and who it attracts. You seem very serious about the gym life, the women putting in work in the weight section at the gym might be a better fit.
I hear you :ehh: what I should have said instead “obviously takes care of himself” is “obviously hits the weights” in my case, it’s one of the first things people notice about me. The former is too general/vague.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
Every guy I date is physically fit and they stuff my big Ass with food every chance they get so it’s hard to be self conscious with them when I can be myself around them.

In fact, I feel more self conscious around men that aren’t physically fit because they tend to be more judgemental

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
There was that YouTube video on the topic right and most girls picked the less intimidating body type.

We don't mind looking at the eye candy but it can seem either womanising (since you know everyone is checking him out) and/or out of your league.

At least that's my take and then the guy might get more aggressive in his pursuit to convince you otherwise but that just confirms the womaniser stereotype. It's a nonstarter :mjcry:

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
This is mainly geared towards women who aren’t into fitness. Does the idea of dating a dude who obviously takes care of himself put you off? Make you self-conscious in any way? :jbhmm:

I did at one point until I realized most of the fit men I encountered actually had a thing for thick/bbw women. That gave me some comfort.