You Gonna Tell me LeBron is Any Better than your local Hood Legend?

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
If you can't stand the heat, get off the blacktop, know what I mean? What part of the game is that? I remember this dude B-nyce (his real name was Blaine) from my neighborhood once played pickup ALL day, held the court for 20 straight games, drank nothing but quarter waters and clear coke, and then went and dropped 57/12/9/9 in the local Shoot Don't Pass Big Loop Memorial tourney championship... in sperry topsiders. Blue ones w/ the white laces. .:wow:

Blaine was was a local legend, and I'm pretty sure he smoked unfiltereds... at least that was the rumor. He would have gone D1 for sure if his dad didn't get caught up in that insider trading sting.

B-nyce > LeBron

Last edited:

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Tim Mathews > Big Loop

Keep your streetball legends, Mathews made Duncan look like an ordinary teammate.

Refresh my memory.... Where did Mathews play ball, again?

Mussn't have been in the North East, because B-nyce was killing all the local hoods back then. Norwalk, Westchester, Morris... even played agianst a few black kids once. They might have been puerto rican, though. Definitely at least mixed.

He would have had the whole seaboard on lock, but his mom didn't like him taking public transpo.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Refresh my memory.... Where did Mathews play ball, again?

Mussn't have been in the North East, because B-nyce was killing all the local hoods back then. Norwalk, Westchester, Morris... even played agianst a few black kids once. They might have been puerto rican, though. Definitely at least mixed.

He would have had the whole seaboard on lock, but his mom didn't like him taking public transpo.

Tim Mathews didn't "play ball" he composed symphonies on the basketball court, that is the difference between who you're hyping up and Tim "Better than the other Tim" Mathews.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Tim Mathews didn't "play ball" he composed symphonies on the basketball court, that is the difference between who you're hyping up and Tim "Better than the other Tim" Mathews.

I don't know man, B-nyce was one of the best teammates of all time and always kept it classy while doing so. I once watched him call a timeout because he saw some old lady struggling to cross the street. He didn't talk trash, he talked treasure. His middle name was courteous.

Literally though, his middle name was courteous. Blaine Courteous Van Winkleson. The Van Winkleson name rings out in New Hampshire.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I don't know man, B-nyce was one of the best teammates of all time and always kept it classy while doing so. I once watched him call a timeout because he saw some old lady struggling to cross the street. He didn't talk trash, he talked treasure. His middle name was courteous.

Literally though, his middle name was courteous. Blaine Courteous Van Winkleson. The Van Winkleson name rings out in New Hampshire.

That's cool and all, but Mathews gave up the game to be a Paleontologist, said basketball wasn't as challenging anymore. Word has it he showed up at a Spurs practice in 03 to see Timmy, Popovich wanted to see him in action and asked him to scrimmage and despite not having played in 3 years he gave the Spurs 46 and 18asts in Birkenstocks. They were ready to sign him then and there, but the passion for the game was gone and he just went through the motions.

"I wasn't even the best Tim at Wake" - Timothy Theodore Duncan

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
That's cool and all, but Mathews gave up the game to be a Paleontologist, said basketball wasn't as challenging anymore. Word has it he showed up at a Spurs practice in 03 to see Timmy, Popovich wanted to see him in action and asked him to scrimmage and despite not having played in 3 years he gave the Spurs 46 and 18asts in Birkenstocks. They were ready to sign him then and there, but the passion for the game was gone and he just went through the motions.

"I wasn't even the best Tim at Wake" - Timothy Theodore Duncan

:ohhh:"The Bone Collector" Now I remember....

You remember the uptown championships, when Tim Mathews threw and up-and-under that literally broke a man in half?

Dude bit on the fake, raised up for the block, and landed upside down, it put him in a wheelchair... quite tragic, actually. He ended up running bake sales for the next 17 months to help pay for that man's rehab. His footwork was so pure, not only did he never travel... he never dribbled. Just catch it, 38 pivots, and classic family-friendly layups shots off the square.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Please, George Gervin is the best pickup basketball player ever. Everyone wanted Ice on their squad

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:"The Bone Collector" Now I remember....

You remember the uptown championships, when Tim Mathews threw and up-and-under that literally broke a man in half?

Dude bit on the fake, raised up for the block, and landed upside down, it put him in a wheelchair... quite tragic, actually. He ended up running bake sales for the next 17 months to help pay for that man's rehab. His footwork was so pure, not only did he never travel... he never dribbled. Just catch it, 38 pivots, and classic family-friendly layups shots off the square.
:russ: