Long Island facing a plumber shortage as Baby Boomers retire

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Job Corp getting that cut from Trump. Let's be real, this industries want more WHITES. Not Blacks
i'm from a family of tradesmen. i'm sure every industry would prefer more whites, but when they have no choice they hire who they have to. excuses, excuses.

and if trump and the republicans are cutting the job corps budget then that's really unfortunate because that boost it got after the 2009 stimulus was real helpful and i pointed quite a few young brehs to it when it was clear they weren't college material.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
This is a nationwide epidemic. Construction projects are slowed due to lack of experienced trade workers. One reason also is that the labor unions and other avenues through which interested kids would be able to learn the trade historically have been based on racism and nepotism. In union cities such as Chicago, many black/brown kids that would happily go into the field are denied that chance from the get go.
I find it very interesting how people blame those same black kids for not pursuing trades in the first place.

When, if given the opportunity, would have been one of the first avenues explored.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
This is a nationwide epidemic. Construction projects are slowed due to lack of experienced trade workers. One reason also is that the labor unions and other avenues through which interested kids would be able to learn the trade historically have been based on racism and nepotism. In union cities such as Chicago, many black/brown kids that would happily go into the field are denied that chance from the get go.
#factsonly