Losing Weight Without A Diet: How Long Can it Last?

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
I've dropped 15 pounds in less than 2 months. I've been doing cardio, exercises, and light lifting 5-6 days a week. I've been consistent with it, which I owe to the loss.

I only eat home cooked meals that aren't heavy, some snacking like cereal or fruits, and I still eat a sweet a day (although I'm trying to cut back).

Only drinking water. Recently cut out the juices, but I'll grab one once in a while depending on the meal.

Can I keep this up without a proper diet? I'd like to drop some more weight before I build up.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I mean basically you are in a diet. Ultimately your energy expenditure is out pacing your energy input hence the weight loss.

It’s hard to say how long it will/can last without knowing a lot of variables some of which you don’t know.

If your not concerned about the scale I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Seems like you’ve found a good stress free balance so I would run with it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean basically you are in a diet. Ultimately your energy expenditure is out pacing your energy input hence the weight loss.

It’s hard to say how long it will/can last without knowing a lot of variables some of which you don’t know.

If your not concerned about the scale I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Seems like you’ve found a good stress free balance so I would run with it.

i mean if you are working on a caloric deficit on purpose than you are on a diet.
This. Don’t overthink it. Don’t go extreme either way. Enjoy what you eat but make sure everything is in moderation.

Daps
I don't diet. I moderate my calorie intake.
I workout 3 days a week for at least 2 hours per session of cardio and strength training.

I've lost quite a bit of weight.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There's no specific answer, but generally the heavier you start out the easier it is to lose weight, because bigger people have higher metabolisms in general and expend more energy doing normal tasks.

So if you weigh 400lbs you might be able to eat 3000 calories a day and still lose weight.

Whereas if you're 160 then you'd probably gain weight doing the exact same thing.