Machiavelli’s Advice For Nice Guys

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
I find that advice from Baltasar Gracian's Art of Worldly Wisdom and A Pocket Mirror for Heroes, is far superior to Machiavelli's Prince. The key difference is that Gracian's books give very pragmatic advice on making one's way in the world but without the need to sacrifice one's conscience on the alter of greed, unlike Machiavelli's, that promotes bytch nikka behaviour

Last edited:

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
It's easy to see Machiavelli's influence in today's politics.

The neo-conservative movement takes an almost direct adherence to his teachings. They all learned from a man named Leo Strauss who used Machiavelli for his teachings.

The Project for a New American Century (PNAC) was a think tank that manifested the teachings of him well.

To this day when watching media it's easy to see that there's no shame in lying to the public. There's an ideology behind that and it's largely Machiavellian.

Daps
This channel gives great advice that works within the context of the Mainstream society specifically within the context of capitalism. However if you are on either extremes of society or within a certain ethnic groups the advice they give will not suffice.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read The Prince in middle school or early in high school, and thought it was a cool book.
Then I met adults who live by the book :dead: