MBDTF or TPAB: Which album is better?

Which of these two albums is better?

• Total voters

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like i said its not even close anymore. Tpab far superior to mbdtf lyrically and production wise and this is coming from someone who has both albums in his top 10 across all genre.
I agree. MBDTF was a great album but it was loaded with gratuitous guest appearances and every joint had to have a 2+ minute outro. The whole thing doesnt really flow imo even though every track individually is dope.

TPAB was a cohesive statement and concept. No unnecessary features. "I" didn't really fit but he spun it conceptually to work with the theme of the album.

I'm sure MBDTF was a big influence on TPAB, and Kanye deserves credit for broadening the idea of what a "hip hop" album can sound like, but Kendrick did it better IMO

Hyman Roth

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Both all-time great albums but My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy has aged better and it's five years older.

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Hell of a Life>>>>>>>Any song in Kendrick's discography

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Only album from the last 5-6 years that deserves to be mentioned with TPAB is GKMC.

MBDTF is nice but over produced and isn't as cohesive as TPAB.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
The sound of MBDTF is aging well, but I only like 3-4 songs on the album when it dropped. I bet if I listened to it today, I'd still be blown away by the production and whatnot but the album itself would probably still be a 2.5/5 or a 3 at best. Too many skippable tracks and it's near the bottom of Kanye's catalog for me personally

TPAB is more cohesive, has way more elements that I like and it isn't bloated with features. Damn near perfect album to me