Microsoft has lost their damn minds with these paid Windows 10 security updates

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
By 2025? Are they supposed to support legacy OSs forever? Windows 10 was released in 2015. I think 10 years is long enough to expect them to support a product.
You want continued security updates? Pony up. I don’t see where the outrage comes from

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
See you don't want them being the only option when it comes to gaming :sas2:

this is what there uncultured asses brings to us if they have a industry on lock

"I can't play games on gamepass because I didn't upgrade my console or I didn't update to windows 15"
Go play them on linux or apple then :youngsabo:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's a problem that they cut off all these computers that are actually proven to run Windows 11 just fine from installing it and then suddenly they want to charge for security updates for the OS they stranded those computers on.

I got a couple Windows 11 PCs but an older Intel Skylake PC just for basic task that works just fine for that. I don't need a new computer for those tasks. According to Microsoft I should either pay them to continue safely using an OS I bought from them that they'll still be updating or get a new PC just to install Windows 11.

(I know it can unstable it unofficially but that could be cut off at any time updates disabled)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I remember part of the reason that MS stopped cutting off updates for bootleg users or rather, unlicensed users in more recent versions of Windows is due to the fact that so many people used unlicensed versions of XP and as a result, didn't get security updates, and as a result of that, got the reputation that Windows was this wildly unsecure mess, when in actuality that wasn't the case. I don't think things will fall back to those numbers, but I could see a lot of computers falling back into that unlicensed category. It'll be interesting to see if Windows takes a hit again from a public perception perspective.