MIKEY GARCIA vs JAVIER FORTUNA IS NEXT

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
So I'm at my gym in MA, Braintree to be specific, wrapping up some sparring and about to do my grind work on the bag when I see two dudes walk in. Didn't think much of it until I looked closer at one of them and saw it was Javier Fortuna.

I told him I was a fan, shook his hand, and tried to communicate with him but he speaks Spanish and I dont. So when his trainer came over I introduced myself and asked him why theyre training here. He said they're in camp. I asked him who's Javier fighting next. He told me Mikey Garcia.

But what about the unifications with either Flanagan or Linares? He told me both just fought and have to heal up some before they can fight. Meanwhile Mikey ain't trynna wait. Needs to stay sharp. So Team Fortuna got the call and the fights gonna happen on SHO circa June/July.

You might see me on TV too

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read Garcia has had a date reserved with Showtime for awhile so it makes sense if needs to take a stay/busy fight while they heal up.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
So I'm at my gym in MA, Braintree to be specific, wrapping up some sparring and about to do my grind work on the bag when I see two dudes walk in. Didn't think much of it until I looked closer at one of them and saw it was Javier Fortuna.

I told him I was a fan, shook his hand, and tried to communicate with him but he speaks Spanish and I dont. So when his trainer came over I introduced myself and asked him why theyre training here. He said they're in camp. I asked him who's Javier fighting next. He told me Mikey Garcia.

But what about the unifications with either Flanagan or Linares? He told me both just fought and have to heal up some before they can fight. Meanwhile Mikey ain't trynna wait. Needs to stay sharp. So Team Fortuna got the call and the fights gonna happen on SHO circa June/July.

Were the cameras in the gym?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

A unification would be better and frankly I don't understand why they have to wait with it when both Garcia and Linares are free and ready to go on summer.
Regardless of that, if not a unification then Fortuna is a good fight.

Linares has to heal up from what? From a shut out domination win where he was barely even scratched?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Flanagan vs Mikey won't happen imo, Bob wants all them WBO belts and the WBO in his pocket they will quick to put Loma or Verdejo in with Flanagan before Mikey could do anything

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Props for the info

Garbage ass fight tho. Garcia hits wayyyyy too hard for dude. Fortuna has speed, power, and talent, but that leaky defense and weak chin is a recipe for disaster against a powerful sharpshooter like Mikey.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I really hope this isn't the case. Will be a KO of the year candidate.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

when the fight gonna be announced my man?:ohhh: