MMLP2 is Eminems best record since SSLP

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i only fx with SSLP. ems albums dont really hold up for me over the years. I dont even fx with SSLP but i can give Em props for having some interesting songs on there. but this album to me is technically his best and he has grown up a little. his mea culpa to his mama is real. might be there with Dear Mama.

Legacy is an anthem for bullied kids. i dont mean that in a sarcastic way, i think Em is white america psychiatrist.

he is more self critical and aware on here. the only thing with em is his beats are always trash. that is one of the main reasons he dont have classics. but his lyrics and delivery save him.

Prae

Pro
Daps
You have some ass-backwards opinions. In terms of technical rhyming it is up there, but it still has tons of flaws (delivery, beats, choruses/features, overall song writing/throwing in crappy lines), more flaws than sslp, mmlp, or tes.

And Headlights is not a very good song, smh at comparing it to Dear Mama. Good concept, but I feel it's not executed that well.

And Em's beats have been simple on earlier albums, and that suits him better. I don't think they've been straight trash, because they have worked well with what he does. But recently on Recovery and some of MMLP2 he has picked more noisy/busy beats (a lot of which are trash), and it just isn't a good fit.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
You have some ass-backwards opinions. In terms of technical rhyming it is up there, but it still has tons of flaws (delivery, beats, choruses/features, overall song writing/throwing in crappy lines), more flaws than sslp, mmlp, or tes.

And Headlights is not a very good song, smh at comparing it to Dear Mama. Good concept, but I feel it's not executed that well.

And Em's beats have been simple on earlier albums, and that suits him better. I don't think they've been straight trash, because they have worked well with what he does. But recently on Recovery and some of MMLP2 he has picked more noisy/busy beats (a lot of which are trash), and it just isn't a good fit.

Agreed. his Technical rhyming is no joke on this though and when he does match good concepts with that and solid beats he's still one of the best in the game.

Problem with this album is he has a bunch of songs that just seem forced (ie. Headlights).

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i guess u make good points, but emotionally some of these songs hit me more than his songs in the past.