NaS Sold out?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Please go back and re read bra, I think we're getting shyt mixed up. As to the perception of It was written, I really don't give a shyt about sales. At the time it was a let down. That obviously turned out to be wrong as the years went on. Hence the title of the thread and the ensuing posts. shyt, all this thread was about was how when this song dropped, at the time it was a pretty wide spread opinion that Nas sold out. But in hindsight that is not the case.

fukk man, I am pretty drunk, and just heard the song and was vibing and reminiscing.
Yeah yeah I know about that and I agree with what your saying re-read my posts in the thread :whoa:

Maybe being drunk is leading to all this confusion :lolbron:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He always sold out on his own terms. At the time that was considered a sell out move but it was one he was comfortable with.

Its funny to think now that an album with Live nikka Rap, Suspects, Affirmative Action, Shootouts, Take it in Blood and Watch Dem nikkas was considered comercial

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this song was, is, and will always be that shyt...and hell naw he didn't sell out with it....so called 'hip hop' heads only said he did cause they were upset nas wasn't their 'secret' no more...but he stopped being that after illmatic anyway....