Nate Diaz: UFC has put me ‘on the shelf’ so I’m applying for boxing license

charknicks

All Star
Daps
This is the downside (for the business) of cats making a career payday in a big fight. Diaz earned the 2 big paydays in part because he was fighting McGregor, and def earned the 2nd one because he won the first fight. Problem is, NO ONE except for McGregor will bring in that same kind of money and eyes for him to fight at this point.

I dont blame Diaz at all in not wanting to come back to the pack as far as payday is concerned, so that brings this standstill. Just the downside of the business when you make the big bucks. Cant go back.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
McGregor vs Diaz in a boxing match might make decent money for both of them maybe.

It won't happen UNLESS McGregor is sure that the mayweather fight is off. He can't fight Diaz first cause if he loses, the media won't be able to pretend like he has a chance against Floyd which would ruin his potential big pay day.

I wonder if legally, mcgregor vs diaz in boxing could happen without the UFC. I wonder if it would be possible for them to buy out their own contract (kinda like what Floyd did when he was at Top Rank?)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
McGregor vs Diaz in a boxing match might make decent money for both of them maybe.

It won't happen UNLESS McGregor is sure that the mayweather fight is off. He can't fight Diaz first cause if he loses, the media won't be able to pretend like he has a chance against Floyd which would ruin his potential big pay day.

I wonder if legally, mcgregor vs diaz in boxing could happen without the UFC. I wonder if it would be possible for them to buy out their own contract (kinda like what Floyd did when he was at Top Rank?)
@LeVraiPapi told us in the OG thread that he heard Conor's contract doesn't contain any restriction in regard of fighting in another sport, only MMA so it seems like Dana White is fukked big time and they can just go ahead fighting under boxing rules.
I was already confused when I saw Dana White threatening Floyd and Conor in the media saying that it can't be made w/o UFC cause I thought no way was this guy so strategic that he included other combat sport as well in his "exclusively UFC" deal.
When I read on boxingscene that McGregor said "if other fighters can compete in BJJ tournaments I can compete in boxing" I was even more sure that Dana White is fukked cause that means other fighters already fought i other combat sport without relying on the UFC so the contract probably doesn't contain anything which would say they can't compete in other combat sports.
After that @LeVraiPapi came with his inside info which seems to confirm what I thought from the first minute.

Guess Dana White will write them other combat sport in his contracts from now on :russ:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@LeVraiPapi told us in the OG thread that he heard Conor's contract doesn't contain any restriction in regard of fighting in another sport, only MMA so it seems like Dana White is fukked big time and they can just go ahead fighting under boxing rules.
I was already confused when I saw Dana White threatening Floyd and Conor in the media saying that it can't be made w/o UFC cause I thought no way was this guy so strategic that he included other combat sport as well in his "exclusively UFC" deal.
When I read on boxingscene that McGregor said "if other fighters can compete in BJJ tournaments I can compete in boxing" I was even more sure that Dana White is fukked cause that means other fighters already fought i other combat sport without relying on the UFC so the contract probably doesn't contain anything which would say they can't compete in other combat sports.
After that @LeVraiPapi came with his inside info which seems to confirm what I thought from the first minute.

Guess Dana White will write them other combat sport in his contracts from now on :russ:
i just thought dana white was so smug about he seemed like he already had it covered. I guess not :mjlol: