Need a Quick Tablet Recommendation

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will be away from home for almost 18 days, but I don't want to take my laptop with me because it's too heavy and also has some personal/private things on it (that I wouldn't want a thief to see). My brother has a tablet that has a SD Card reader (I didn't know that was an option.), but his is 5 years old. What are the best current tablets available that cost less than $400? Please provide your personal picks.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
No input on what to actually buy, im an ipad guy...but i think every other non apple tablet comes with sd card support

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the input fellas. I don't wanna buy anything "used". I'm not sure about the Amazon Fire tablet. It sounds very inexpensive, but then I may not have enough space on it, or a SD slot. Also, I don't mind something that's too big as long as it's lightweight.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Thanks for the input fellas. I don't wanna buy anything "used". I'm not sure about the Amazon Fire tablet. It sounds very inexpensive, but then I may not have enough space on it, or a SD slot. Also, I don't mind something that's too big as long as it's lightweight.
Asus zenpad 3s 10

Huawei mediapad m3

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
I will be away from home for almost 18 days, but I don't want to take my laptop with me because it's too heavy and also has some personal/private things on it (that I wouldn't want a thief to see). My brother has a tablet that has a SD Card reader (I didn't know that was an option.), but his is 5 years old. What are the best current tablets available that cost less than $400? Please provide your personal picks.
Was mainly Android user for years, but I have been satisfied with this iPad 2017 purchase (the $300 one). Obviously there is no SD card slot, but that doesn't appear to be a deal breaker for you. It performs well and should survive several iOS upgrades before it slows down. The tablet has been on sale several times for $250 or even less (the 32GB WiFi only model). Get the 128GB WiFi and load it up with movies, TV shows, and music and you got a good travel companion.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
If you plan to act now, and you are near a microcenter they're selling the 2017 ipad 128gb for 400. In store only. You could try to price match otherwise

Shadi Shanda

Prophet of Doom
Daps
Reppin
Your Tomb
Asus, Huawei, Samsung or iPad 9.7.

The Amazon tablet is very underpowered if you use it for anything other than media consumption. Surface Pro is powerful but too heavy, so is the big iPad Pro.