Need Y'all Help Coli Ball players...

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
i think it's lack of touch. find a workout for big men online or on YouTube that will work on your inside game, like layups, bank shots, hook shots, mini fadeaways, etc. Start close. Once you can make like 10 in a row, move back a step.

if you really want help, post a vid of your jumper and you dribbling, we could help better if we get a better idea

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
True I guess I wasn't quite clear about what I want. :ld:
How many shots per day (2/3 pointers) to make one improve effectively in the span of a month?

It takes 5000/7000 shots to change your form.

I've changed my form multiple times in multiple stages, but for each change you implement it will take 5000/7000 shots while completely concentrating on form before it becomes natural in the game.

The best way to get your form right is to practice using only 1 hand

Watch some of Kyrie or Harden shooting, they both have an easy to duplicate shot and their form is what is being taught at the highest level.

Also, get a grip strength squeezer to make sure your wrist is strong enough for proper shot form. Pro coaches use this with young players.

Some key points:

• Think of holding the ball like you would hold a tray of drinks if you were a waiter/server. That's the grip you want.
  • Your set point should have the knuckle of your thumb going roughly through the middle of your eyes
  • Don't start shooting threes before you get the form down from roughly the free throw line distance and in.
  • Begin practicing shooting by either spinning the ball to yourself or taking one hard dribble and then shooting (do this with both hands).
  • Film yourself shooting.

Shoot everyday if possible, as much as you can. Pros spend ~80% of their practice time on shooting.

It is even beneficial to lay on your back and shoot into the air if you don't have a hoop at home/nearby.

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Keep shooting and then when you think you shot enough shoot some more.

And make sure you're getting lift. Practice shooting off your toes.