Glow - the thread for the smash hit Netflix show

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Netflix has given a 10-episode order to G.L.O.W., a comedy-series executive produced by Orange Is the New Black creator/executive producer Jenji Kohan and Orange co-executive producer Tara Herrmann.

Created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange Is the New Black), G.L.O.W. was inspired by the real story of the 1980s female wrestling league. Set in Los Angeles and showcasing big hair and body slams, the series tells the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.

Flahive and Mensch will serve as showrunners and will executive produce with Kohan and Herrmann.

GLOWThe Reagan-era female wrestling league G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling), a female answer to the male-dominated World Wrestling Federation, was showcased in the eponymous kitschy, Las Vegas-based syndicated TV series, which ran for four seasons, featuring sketches, songs and wrestling.

Flahive and Mensch are repped by WME as well as Schreck Rose and the Shuman Co., respectively. Kohan and Herrmann are repped by CAA.

Netflix Orders 1980s Female Wrestling Comedy Series ‘GLOW’ From Jenji Kohan

KKCFRY2.jpg

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
How the fukk can we not get a real wrestling drama?

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli: at these wrinkled up white bytches being passed off as Gorgeous

The one decent looking woman they got they stuck her in the back next to Roseanne :beli:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Netflix has given a 10-episode order to G.L.O.W., a comedy-series executive produced by Orange Is the New Black creator/executive producer Jenji Kohan and Orange co-executive producer Tara Herrmann.

Created by Liz Flahive (Homeland) and Carly Mensch (Orange Is the New Black), G.L.O.W. was inspired by the real story of the 1980s female wrestling league. Set in Los Angeles and showcasing big hair and body slams, the series tells the fictionalized story of an out-of-work actress who finds one last attempt to live her dreams in the form of a weekly series about female wrestlers.

Flahive and Mensch will serve as showrunners and will executive produce with Kohan and Herrmann.

GLOWThe Reagan-era female wrestling league G.L.O.W. (Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling), a female answer to the male-dominated World Wrestling Federation, was showcased in the eponymous kitschy, Las Vegas-based syndicated TV series, which ran for four seasons, featuring sketches, songs and wrestling.

Flahive and Mensch are repped by WME as well as Schreck Rose and the Shuman Co., respectively. Kohan and Herrmann are repped by CAA.

Netflix Orders 1980s Female Wrestling Comedy Series ‘GLOW’ From Jenji Kohan

KKCFRY2.jpg

Pic look like they took all the reject chicks from the Vanity 6 casting and said "fukk it, can y'all bytches wrassle?"

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
GLOW was my unofficial introduction to pro wrestling, a couple years before I became a wrestling fan.

I used to watch GLOW with my dad - who doesn't even like wrestling but he watched GLOW like every Saturday morning.