*[NEW]* Terrace Martin - Velvet Portraits (LP)

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Velvet Portraits by Terrace Martin on iTunes

eqsUcmw.jpg

0007031501_10.jpg

1. “Velvet Portraits”
2. “Valdez off Crenshaw”
3. “Push”
4. “With You”
5. “Curly Martin”
6. “Never Enough”
7. “Turkey Taco”
8. “Patiently Waiting” (feat. Uncle Chuck & The Emotions)
9. “Tribe Called West”
10. “Oakland”
11. “Bromali
12. “Think of You”
13. “Reverse”
14. “Mortal Man”

Editors’ Notes

Good luck pigeonholing Terrace Martin; on Velvet Portraits, the L.A. producer/saxophonist (who entered the limelight working with Kendrick Lamar) creates a wildly creative collision of jazz, soul, funk, and hip-hop that’s loaded with guests and restless creativity. Case in point? Take “Valdez off Crenshaw”—a wah-wah-infused, organ-driven instrumental based on a Donny Hathaway tune. Martin dresses it up with whistling synth leads and Zappa-esque guitars. Want to go further out? Take “Turkey Taco,” a showpiece of Outkast-inspired freakiness with a rubbery synth-bass, purring backup singers, and an off-kilter acoustic piano. When it’s time to come back, try “Patiently Waiting,” a soulful, sweat-soaked blues throwback featuring a gloriously gutsy vocal from Uncle Chucc or the simmering R&B of “Think of You." Weird, wonderful, and impossible to pin down, this is future-soul music from a musician who elegantly connects the music of Stax to the streets of Compton and beyond.

Special Guests:
Tiffany Gouche
Kamasi Washington
Robert Glasper
The Emotions
Wayne Vaughn
Adam Turchin
Uncle Chucc
Rose Gold
Candy West
Keyon Harrold
Marlon Williams
Thundercat
Ronald Bruner Jr
Tone Trezure

Last edited:

gottah8me

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D(M)V
Damn good album. Put it on while I uber and people alway ask who it is.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
People really slept on this album....i kept forgetting to cop up until 2 weeks ago and have been bumping it ever since. Got all my SA homies coppin and vibing to it. Really dope project