New Thought Movement

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Anyone have any experience with this? I'm kinda studying it and getting some more information. It's like a more organized New Age movement based out of Christianity but more expanded to accept wisdom from other religions.

Basically in regards to Christ, they believe he was a teacher and great speaker, explaining how others can do what he does.

Iyanla, Oprah and The Secret are within the scope of New Thought.

New Thought - Wikipedia

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIc8h8hFTsMWlzuY09jjuk4oyn2bvdp8A

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
No. all that stuff is new age spirituality is superstition.

The 'secret' :usure:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
The concept of New Thought (sometimes known as "Higher Thought"[3]) promotes the ideas that Infinite Intelligence, or God, is everywhere, spirit is the totality of real things, true human selfhood is divine, divine thought is a force for good, sickness originates in the mind, and "right thinking" has a healing effect.[4][5

Sounds like typical mind over matter type thinking mixed with Christianity.

Mind over matter isn't total bs but mostly is bs. Depression and other mental "illnesses" can lead to physical issues whether directly or indirectly. But as always this always has a reasonable limit. Obviously getting shot in the gut isn't going to be fixed by "right thinking".

There is value of relaxation and positive think in a real tangible way. For example stuff like yoga which in addition to the exercises encourages "relaxation" can bring down your blood pressure and various hormonal responses.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Sounds like typical mind over matter type thinking mixed with Christianity.

Mind over matter isn't total bs but mostly is bs. Depression and other mental "illnesses" can lead to physical issues whether directly or indirectly. But as always this always has a reasonable limit. Obviously getting shot in the gut isn't going to be fixed by "right thinking".

There is value of relaxation and positive think in a real tangible way. For example stuff like yoga which in addition to the exercises encourages "relaxation" can bring down your blood pressure and various hormonal responses.
Basically it's belief in your personal power. Which I like as opposed to begging and asking someone else for what you need. Getting out of that state of victim hood (where you focus on what has been done to you and what you can't do) and acknowledging your power (what you can do and affect).

A focus on gratefulness and how appreciating and taking care of what you have opens the door to receive more. Living in a sense of abundance vs living in a sense of lack.

Planning and setting specific goals and aligning yourself in the position to receive it.

Makes sense to me. :ehh: