Official Beauty Tips and Life Hacks Thread

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been using rose water with glycerin and vitamin e oil for almost 3 weeks and my skin is starting to even out. I still have a problem with my whiteheads and some discoloration so I’m gonna get some microdermabrasion treatments to see what happens. If that doesn’t work, I’ll see a dermatologist.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
This is a pretty lame "tip" since I feel like it's something EVERY woman already knows by now but fukk it.

- Granulated white sugar makes a GREAT facial and body scrub. Typically I take a regular bar of soap, wet it with warm water for about 60 seconds, then dip it into a bowl of sugar, thoroughly coating it and using my fingers to press down firmly to get the granules deep into the bar. Wash with whatever soap/body wash you usually use, then go back over with the sugarcoated soap bar. Works as good as any high end apricot/dead sea salt body scrub.

- Sugar also makes a great lip scrub for these cold, windy winter months that often leave lips dry and chapped. After brushing your teeth and whatnot, wet your index finger and dip it into a small sprinkling of sugar (maybe 1tbs), moisten your mouth then vigorously rub your finger tip onto your top and bottom lip for approx 10-20 seconds each. Having sloughed off all the dead skin you lips will be baby soft and plump.

- Also, if you're an acne prone pimple popper (or even a skin picker), after "extracting" a zit, rub an ice cube on the area (OR rinse your face with cold water) to reduce both swelling and redness. Afterward (if at night) dab the tiniest drop of a mild skin lightening cream (like Crusader) on it to prevent scarring.