teacher

All Star
Daps
what's "TRO"?

I can't wait to catch up to y'all in the Bp muthos so I can be apart of this high level t'challa convo :wow:... I have all the new avengers and secret avengers but I have to finish the priest and hudlin run's first can't wait :ohlawd:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
what's "TRO"?

I can't wait to catch up to y'all in the Bp muthos so I can be apart of this high level t'challa convo :wow:... I have all the new avengers and secret avengers but I have to finish the priest and hudlin run's first can't wait :ohlawd:

TRO = Time Runs Out. It's a story line from Hickman's New Avengers run.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm well aware of those scenes. Namor and the Cabal were meant to survive that shyt because Hickman wasn't done with them so he had to throw some duex ex machina one in a million bullshyt for that to happen with that extra planet takin em to another reality. That's why they survived. Ppl can blame it on BP all they want but the first time it happened, we saw Namor's face distraught and enraged as BP was sayin the quotes, and then everything blew up. It was only later that Hickman flipped it to have like 30 mins worth of dialogue go by so they could take advantage of a scenario that *nobody* saw coming and get out of that corner he wrote em in.

End of the day, BP outmaneuvered Namor, 'put the knife where it belonged', damned him to the planet he was gon blow up, blew up the planet and as far as everyone in 616 knew, Namor and the Cabal were dead and no longer an issue until Secret Wars (once existence was over with anyway)... in which BP then did no favors in protecting him from Dr. Doom's attack. In which Namor was brought back alive 5 mins later anyway.

Flaws and all, IDGAF :manny:. His plan brought back existence. That's not just a major accomplishment. That is the accomplishment. He brought back Wakanda, brought back the vibranium and established them as numero uno in the WORLD.

Extinction level event. Everyone dies. Because of BP's plan... everyone lives.

If Coates wants to fukk that up with his garbage interpretation, then that's a personal decision with Coates. If Coates wants to marginalize and undermine the flip side of all the good shyt that BP did after Doomwar and Secret Wars, then that's on Coates. But i personally will remind everybody each and everytime that as much feelings as people can catch for what BP did... BP saved existence, kept Wakanda healthy after Doomwar... saved existence... brought back the "future" of the nation... saved existence... brought back Vibranium... saved existence. So at some point those haters with their valid issues can STFU and say thank you to BP for puttin in work.

Not directed at you, but I am tired of the slander and the marginalization and the disrespect BP has gotten when this whole sequence of the events of the last 8 years was in part kickstarted when BP sacrificed himself to save a Dora Milaje... who should've been saving him! But now writers want to give selective memory and selective story telling to make BP seem inept or like this or that..

Well.. i guess i'll have to rep the other side of the equation then :dame:
Enasculation of the black superhero. Watch.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm well aware of those scenes. Namor and the Cabal were meant to survive that shyt because Hickman wasn't done with them so he had to throw some duex ex machina one in a million bullshyt for that to happen with that extra planet takin em to another reality. That's why they survived. Ppl can blame it on BP all they want but the first time it happened, we saw Namor's face distraught and enraged as BP was sayin the quotes, and then everything blew up. It was only later that Hickman flipped it to have like 30 mins worth of dialogue go by so they could take advantage of a scenario that *nobody* saw coming and get out of that corner he wrote em in.

End of the day, BP outmaneuvered Namor, 'put the knife where it belonged', damned him to the planet he was gon blow up, blew up the planet and as far as everyone in 616 knew, Namor and the Cabal were dead and no longer an issue until Secret Wars (once existence was over with anyway)... in which BP then did no favors in protecting him from Dr. Doom's attack. In which Namor was brought back alive 5 mins later anyway.

Flaws and all, IDGAF :manny:. His plan brought back existence. That's not just a major accomplishment. That is the accomplishment. He brought back Wakanda, brought back the vibranium and established them as numero uno in the WORLD.

Extinction level event. Everyone dies. Because of BP's plan... everyone lives.

If Coates wants to fukk that up with his garbage interpretation, then that's a personal decision with Coates. If Coates wants to marginalize and undermine the flip side of all the good shyt that BP did after Doomwar and Secret Wars, then that's on Coates. But i personally will remind everybody each and everytime that as much feelings as people can catch for what BP did... BP saved existence, kept Wakanda healthy after Doomwar... saved existence... brought back the "future" of the nation... saved existence... brought back Vibranium... saved existence. So at some point those haters with their valid issues can STFU and say thank you to BP for puttin in work.

Not directed at you, but I am tired of the slander and the marginalization and the disrespect BP has gotten when this whole sequence of the events of the last 8 years was in part kickstarted when BP sacrificed himself to save a Dora Milaje... who should've been saving him! But now writers want to give selective memory and selective story telling to make BP seem inept or like this or that..

Well.. i guess i'll have to rep the other side of the equation then :dame:

But selective memory is Comicbook Writing 101 :yeshrug:

My only problem with Coates is that so far, he's writing it like a novel...but not even as fiction. It'll probably read better as a trade, and it did pick up at the end of issue 4, but he has to have less exposition and more of a grasp of allowing the visuals to assist. He probably needs more practice with the genre. IMO the most compelling characters so far have been the MA's, then Ramonda.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
But selective memory is Comicbook Writing 101 :yeshrug:

My only problem with Coates is that so far, he's writing it like a novel...but not even as fiction. It'll probably read better as a trade, and it did pick up at the end of issue 4, but he has to have less exposition and more of a grasp of allowing the visuals to assist. He probably needs more practice with the genre. IMO the most compelling characters so far have been the MA's, then Ramonda.
I find his grasp of BP lacking in a large way.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Enasculation of the black superhero. Watch.
No doubt. And if that's coate's prerogative with his selective ass story telling to emasculate and denigrate t'challa... i guess me droppin bars on the flipside will be my prerogative :lolbron: :dame:

Just bringing balance to the universe until it's no longer needed. Whether that happens in a few issues.. or in 2018 when that movie drops, we gon see :wow:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Man, real spit:
  • Bast (Panther God) let Doom walk right out with the vibranium instead of deading him right there. T'Challa had to clean up that mess and stopped Doom with an unfortunate sacrifice (*more on that later).
  • Then b/c of T'Challa's great politics and management of wakanda's economy, they didn't suffer due to the loss of the vibranium b/c they were on stacks and stacks of trillions, and were still gettin residuals from USA and other countries for all the past business ventures
  • The Namor flood was an L but BP wasn't king, and he wasn't king during Doom War either, but if he has to 'own that' fine, but guess what he did?
  1. He dropped Namor down with Promixa Midnight, Thanos, the Cabal, & Maximus on a planet... and blew the cotdamn planet up. bbubut some 'duex ex machina' stuff happened in which they all got wished away to an alternative reality last second (that BP didn't even know about until after all of existence ended lol). Well thats comics for you, bc otherwise that shyt was thorough.
  2. Oh and that all of existence ending? Yea, T'Challa's plan brought that shyt back to existence. Oh and that vibranium* Bast let Doom walk away with? BP brought that shyt back and brought wakanda back top of the world, world leader in space exploration.
  3. And all that running around with the illuminati not tellin anyone? Yea sure, be mad at him, just don't forget to thank him for bringin yall back to existence :dame:, and top of the world :dame:, and the vibranium:dame:.
To be quite frank, ppl can be mad at BP if they want, and can nitpick any and all things. I completely understand. But I would also understand BP telling those people to STFU, with a "oh and you're welcome for me saving your asses" at the end.

But that's why i couldn't write bp... everybody would know all the good he did, and he'd be movie t'challa but with a shyt list running 8 years long, wit every intention to set the record straight with some vibranium boots to the face.

Yo, can ya'll drop proper issues/arcs/etc. numbers to what ya'll speaking about here with all this, the Doom War/Secret Wars and Namor shyt ya'll talking about here? I got that Marvel Unlimited and want to play catch up in all this.

Also, I think some of ya'll are overstating this "emasculation" of BP in this Coates run. May just have to agree to disagree on all that.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I find his grasp of BP lacking in a large way.

That too, but like I said, at the end it picks up...so maybe he now has a direction and knows where he's headed with BP. But you can tell he's not a fiction writer at all...hell, he's probably not even a CB reader. All he really had to do was read Time Runs Out and continue with the momentum from that. But his BP seems to be learning on the job.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don't buy that emasculation of the black hero talk. If you're into comics, EVERY hero takes L's. If not, there just wouldn't be great storyingtelling. Part of being triumphant is how they react when everything is going against them, so I think people need to stop saying emasculation. No one takes more L's than Spidey, Dardevil comes in next.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't buy that emasculation of the black hero talk. If you're into comics, EVERY hero takes L's. If not, there just wouldn't be great storyingtelling. Part of being triumphant is how they react when everything is going against them, so I think people need to stop saying emasculation. No one takes more L's than Spidey, Dardevil comes in next.

Yep. I was going to say this. Being black, I get it, we're rooting extra hard for T'Challa/BP, but still, the above is more accurate than anything. It's doubtful that it's some whitey-agenda, or emasculation or anything like that when it comes times and periods for heroes to take some L's here and there.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yo, can ya'll drop proper issues/arcs/etc. numbers to what ya'll speaking about here with all this, the Doom War/Secret Wars and Namor shyt ya'll talking about here? I got that Marvel Unlimited and want to play catch up in all this.
lol i'm at work but when i get home i can cite these things if someone doesn't do it before.
when i start shootin at the hip i sometimes forget not everyone has read all the arcs/stories of the past 10-20 years :russ:

Also, I think some of ya'll are overstating this "emasculation" of BP in this Coates run. May just have to agree to disagree on all that.
i think Coates is overstating BP's failures in his run and downplaying his recent accomplishments to tell the story he wants to tell. Tho what i've been talkin about isn't truly about Coates. It's about all the thrill shyt BP has done :wow: despite all the bullshyt criticism thrown his way. Just so that those new to the comics have both sides of the equation to make an informed, educated opinion on the trials, tribulations and success stories of T'Chaka's son. :whew:

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
See here's where I disagree. Neither of those heroes have been made to look stupid in the face of a possible revolution that is part terrorist attack and part anti-patriarchy. Daredevils L's were and have constantly been ignored by Matt Murdock himself and Shadow land the culmination of those L's was a cop out because he was possessed. He didn’t have to be accountable. Spider-man's whole sthick is taking L's so that doesn't count. Another example of this though is Tony Stark post Secret Invasion. He wiped his own mind so that he didn't remember what he did so he wasn't held accountable. But BP has to sit here and be treated like a lost little boy.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
lol i'm at work but when i get home i can cite these things if someone doesn't do it before.
when i start shootin at the hip i sometimes forget not everyone has read all the arcs/stories of the past 10-20 years :russ:

i think Coates is overstating BP's failures in his run and downplaying his recent accomplishments. Tho what i've been talkin about isn't truly about Coates. It's about all the thrill shyt BP has done :wow: despite all the criticism thrown his way. Just so that those new to the comics have both sides of the equation to make an informed, educated opinion on the trials, tribulations and success stories of T'Chaka's son. :whew:

Word. Yeah, I've read (and re-reading) plenty of BP over the years, but I still have plenty to go on to know everything and doubtful I'll ever ready absolutely everything, but I do want the essential stories and whatnot to be read at least once. I'm dabbling in the Man Without Fear now and reading Hudlin's run in tandem of Coates current stint. Read Priest's volumes tho and it was dope.