Inactive
Daps
:obama: Who was talking shyt about overseas sales?:pacspit:

Marvel movie Black Panther is box office hit in UK and Ireland

Marvel movie Black Panther is box office hit in UK and Ireland

Cinemagoers flock to see Ryan Coogler’s film on opening day

Nicola Slawson

Wed 14 Feb 2018 14.26 ESTLast modified on Wed 14 Feb 2018 14.49 EST

Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther, which had a better box office opening day in the UK and Ireland than Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok. Photograph: AP

Marvel superhero film Black Panther has enjoyed the biggest opening day of 2018 so far at the UK and Irish box office.

Ryan Coogler’s hotly anticipated film, which features an almost entirely black cast, pulled in £2.67m on its opening day on 13 February, Disney said, delivering the highest-grossing single day at the UK box office this year.

This bests the opening days of fellow Marvel Studios offerings Thor: Ragnarok and Doctor Strange, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

The superhero film, which Coogler co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole, had already outsold Captain America: Civil War to become Marvel’s most-preordered film in its first 24 hours after release.

In Black Panther, T’Challa, played by Chadwick Boseman, returns home as king to a fictional African nation known as Wakanda, but finds his rule challenged by a long-time adversary in a conflict that has global consequences.
The film, which was shot in Atlanta, US and Busan, South Korea, features established actors such as Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o and rising stars Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright and Oscar nominee Daniel Kaluuya.

Rapper Kendrick Lamar produced and curated the soundtrack to the Marvel movie.

The film has received a rapturous reception from both critics and cinemagoers, enjoying a 98% fresh rating on reviews website Rotten Tomatoes, despite a pushback campaign to bring the rating down.

It opened pretty big in South Korea as well, only behind Civil War

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Am I the only one that thinks this will be bigger than infinity war?

Sure people are excited for that movie but the excitement for black panther is easily star wars level

Nah. While Black Panther is a big deal, Infinity War has way more hype because at the end of the day it's what all the marvel's films have been leading up too.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Sure people are excited for that movie but the excitement for black panther is easily star wars level
I'm super duper hyped for BP and have stated many times that it is VERY important for Black film making... But more hype than Infinity Wars? I don't think so.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm more hyped for Black Panther than Infinity War because I just don't get that excited over superhero-team up movies anymore. But I think this will be a question better answered when we see the opening weekend numbers.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Had nothing to do with the Char, his fight scenes just didn’t look strong at all, while Okoye and Eric you could tell they actually could fight for real.

All the people saying MCU T’Challa would watch DCU Batfleck we’re wrong, I’m sorry to say. Batfleck currently has the best fighting skills and was show to be a technician. We didn’t see any smarts from T’Challa another of my gripe too. They showed a glimpse of his language skills when he understood the Korean woman
taking down fodder isn't a feat. Panther did better in CW against super soldiers.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Been staying away from this thread and all reviews and spoilers for 2 weeks now, and now just one day away :wow:

I was arguing with cacs in them AOL 3.0 days on shytty comic book websites that Black Panther would be the next IT hero as popular or better than ANY of them (Batman, Spider-man, Wolverine, etc) if just given a chance; them cacs were smug talkin bout he aint that type of character; well 20 years later and i'm the smug one now! :pacspit::pacspit: :ohlawd::myman:

We made it :mjcry: