Official UFC 165 Thread: Jones vs. Gustafsson

Daps
what in the 5th indicated that gus won that one, was it the point he was putting his hands on his hips, receiving multiple kicks to the dome or backpeddling?
Kinda late, but I don't remember the fight totally or exactly what reason I think who won what round besides the one when Jon kept hitting him with elbows. I probably forgot to mention that round cuz I do remember Gus was really shook from that elbow still.
To be fair they were a lot shorter than him so it was easier for him to be evasive.
As far as them being short(er), sure, but I just feel as an MMA fighter you shouldn't be scared to get in close enough to HIT the other person lol. They knew when they took the fight that they were shorter and would NEED to get inside to win.
I too am glad this fight happened cuz after the machida and rampage fights everyone seemed to think jones's deficiencies in striking wasnt an issue but this fight brought it to the forefront.Hes only managed to play keep away due to being taller like many thought. In actual fact he has no defence and is actually quite flat footed
I agree 100%.. Can't remember Machida's fight completely, but I do remember thinking the submission was like a slight slip up on Lyoto's part. I remember Rampage was pissing me off because he wouldn't get close. I kinda think he's washed, too.

Daps
Jones was running from 1 punch. Gus was running from a takedown. Show me footage of mayweather sprinting away from someone with his back turned like Jones and Gus.
Shoot, I would run too. Do you know how hard Rampage punches? He'd have knocked Jones head clean off his shoulders.