Opinions on fitness trackers

Meksico

You can be kings, I'm trying to be an emperor
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What are you guys' thoughts on them? Are they useful for you with your workouts and the like? If I was to get one what would you recommend? Apps/phone compatibility? etc.

Asking cause I've been seeing them more and more around and I'm feeling to get one myself, especially to track my moves when I'm getting back into circuit training again.

Thanks for any help/advice.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I just know about fitbits since I have one. It's a basic model that connects to your phone. Haven't used it lately since the battery died and the charger is in my car. Been too lazy to charge it. :francis:

It's good because it tracks your steps and even your sleep when you wear it.

As far as compatibility, I don't think you'll have issues with either apple or Android unless you get something brand specific like an apple watch or Samsung fit. It's good for setting steps goals and whatnot but don't think it'll make much difference or worth it if you don't need the extra motivation. Phones mostly have steps trackers these days so you can use that also. Don't know what extra features these fitness trackers have that could be helpful. Unless it's a smart watch with fitness tracker features, I don't see the value.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I'm a big fan of fitness trackers. I currently have the Garmin Vivoactive HR, but have tried a good amount of them. My favorite is actually the fitbit, because they have the most user friendly apps and pick up activities better then any watch I've tried. I've tried Fitbit HR, HR2, Blaze, Samsung Gear 2, Garmin, TomTom, and Pebble. Garmin is the only one that held up to my level of activity and had almost everything I need in a fitness tracker. Like I said the Fitbit has the best features, but they are so cheaply made. I haven't had one last me more then 2 months. As for the apps the best app to me is the Fitbit app followed by the Garmin. Plus Fitbit has a big community of people you can link up to.

I never run with a phone or headphones, so I can't use my phone for step tracking or activity tracking. The Garmin has easily been the most sturdy and held up to my level of vigorous activity.

I was originally of the belief that I didn't need a tracker at first. Then I decided to make the plunge and give one a shot because I wanted to know exactly how I active I really was, so I got the Fitbit HR. It was great until it broke a month later. Fitbit has a large community of people to compete with. Even though the group of people I was connected with wasn't large I made sure to at least beat them in my step counts. I grew to depend on my fitness tracker because more then anything it kept me honest. We can all say we are motivated and work out, but until you actually track it then you're really just cheating yourself. A fitness tracker will tell you when you are being lazy. The feature I like about my Garmin is the move feature(most have this feature) and how it sets your daily step goal based on your level of activity. Most watches you set a goal yourself. Usually 10000 steps is the default. You can do this with the Garmin, but I prefer the goals they set based on my activity. I hate when I don't hit my goals or my target goal starts going in the wrong direction. Makes me feel like I haven't been putting in the work. Especially those days when you are busy and don't have time to work out.

Fitness trackers give you a goal to reach and keep you honest more then anything. I hate people that post I'm at the gym when they only go once a week or if they do go everyday or often all they do is show up and don't really put in the work. This will keep you honest and show when you aren't putting the work. Also the Garmin is a lot more stingy with steps, activities, and heart rate then the Fitbit. TomTom has the best heart rate monitor. They work great when training for something.

Last thing is. They're all ugly to me, so look wasn't a big factor to me.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm a big fan of fitness trackers. I currently have the Garmin Vivoactive HR, but have tried a good amount of them. My favorite is actually the fitbit, because they have the most user friendly apps and pick up activities better then any watch I've tried. I've tried Fitbit HR, HR2, Blaze, Samsung Gear 2, Garmin, TomTom, and Pebble. Garmin is the only one that held up to my level of activity and had almost everything I need in a fitness tracker. Like I said the Fitbit has the best features, but they are so cheaply made. I haven't had one last me more then 2 months. As for the apps the best app to me is the Fitbit app followed by the Garmin. Plus Fitbit has a big community of people you can link up to.

I never run with a phone or headphones, so I can't use my phone for step tracking or activity tracking. The Garmin has easily been the most sturdy and held up to my level of vigorous activity.

I was originally of the belief that I didn't need a tracker at first. Then I decided to make the plunge and give one a shot because I wanted to know exactly how I active I really was, so I got the Fitbit HR. It was great until it broke a month later. Fitbit has a large community of people to compete with. Even though the group of people I was connected with wasn't large I made sure to at least beat them in my step counts. I grew to depend on my fitness tracker because more then anything it kept me honest. We can all say we are motivated and work out, but until you actually track it then you're really just cheating yourself. A fitness tracker will tell you when you are being lazy. The feature I like about my Garmin is the move feature(most have this feature) and how it sets your daily step goal based on your level of activity. Most watches you set a goal yourself. Usually 10000 steps is the default. You can do this with the Garmin, but I prefer the goals they set based on my activity. I hate when I don't hit my goals or my target goal starts going in the wrong direction. Makes me feel like I haven't been putting in the work. Especially those days when you are busy and don't have time to work out.

Fitness trackers give you a goal to reach and keep you honest more then anything. I hate people that post I'm at the gym when they only go once a week or if they do go everyday or often all they do is show up and don't really put in the work. This will keep you honest and show when you aren't putting the work. Also the Garmin is a lot more stingy with steps, activities, and heart rate then the Fitbit. TomTom has the best heart rate monitor. They work great when training for something.

Last thing is. They're all ugly to me, so look wasn't a big factor to me.
You repeated what you said 5 times in one paragraph

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I fukk with fitbits. I have the charge 2 and the blaze. Gave my sister my old charge hr. She never uses it though lol. I think they're useful for keeping an eye on your level of activity for the day. I do Fitbit challenges with the homies every week so it keeps you up and about, even when you wanna be lazy as fukk. I don't do all the extra shyt like tracking calories or water intake in the app but you can. Their food database is pretty extensive.

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I have a Runtastic with interchangeable bands, they have an app and are an Austrian company- powered with USB and tracks all my activity, I can swim with it too. I've had it for 4 years now and would def recommend it, you can even link your current sneakers they tell you when to re-up on a new pair.