Perry links fossil fuel development to preventing sexual assault

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BY AVERY ANAPOL - 11/02/17 09:12 AM EDT 527

Energy Secretary Rick Perry suggested Thursday that expanding the use of fossil fuels could help prevent sexual assault.

Speaking during an energy policy discussion about energy policy with “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd and Axios CEO and founder Jim VandeHei, Perry discussed his recent trip to Africa. He said a young girl told him that energy is important to her because she often reads by the light of a fire with toxic fumes.

"But also from the standpoint of sexual assault,” Perry said. “When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will on those types of acts.”

Perry said that using fossil fuel to push power into remote villages in Africa is necessary and will have a “positive role” in peoples’ lives.
President Trump has called for expanding domestic production of fossil fuels for export.

#science #thebestpeople

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
These must be the type of comments one hears when they live in a society that values capitalism and religion more than education.
Only in America could the head of the Department of Energy advocate the use of fossil fuels to prevent sexual assault.
If I was American I would be so embarrassed trying to defend my country when speaking with rational foreigners regarding American politics.
However it still isn't as bad as Egyptian lawyers advocating rape for women wearing ripped jeans.