Philidelphia District Attorney, R. Seth Williams indicted for corruption

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/...latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront

http://media.philly.com/documents/2017.03.21+Indictment+FINAL+(003).pdf

Reading the indictment it's undeniable he received gifts in several forms, and it's documented via text message, and financial documents.....The Bob Mcdonell indictment was the same, and that was overturned, after conviction.

(vi) Defendant WILLIAMS sent a text message to Business Owner #1, replying: “It seems like he has the possibility of having it thrown out or continued ... if it gets continued I will then ask for the file and see what can be done to make it a county sentence...”

(vii) Defendant WILLIAMS received a text message from Business Owner #1, replying: “Thank you Seth! I appreciate it. Ill let him know. Sorry again Seth.”

(viii) Defendant WILLIAMS sent a text message to Business Owner #1, replying: “In the future always give me at least a week to help a friend ... I have no problem looking into anything... I can’t promise I will drastically change anything once it has gotten to the trial stage but I can always look into it[.]”

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
22PHILLY-blog427.jpg

the-wire-hands-up.gif

hatealot

Banned
Daps
That money make anyone corrupt. In nyc we had a guy named Seabrook who was handing away money to his family under fake non profits. His got caught up after the feds investigated. I think he keeping his pension too. He was also a lawyer or studied at john jay so you already know.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I guess it is of course, at some point, about the money, butI am really interested in these corruption cases usually, there is a fascinating one based in San Diego, about the Navy, but what's always so interesting to me, is the relatively small amounts of money, and gifts, that seduce these guys. A Louis Vuitton tie? Burberry? A trip to Punta Cantu? San Diego? It's the power that undoes all these guys, plus in every case, poor financial habits. Obviously, that's who you target for exploitation, the weak, the fat, the sloppy. Mcdonnell's is almost verbatim. Threw a career away for some LV ties, and a few trips.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess it is of course, at some point, about the money, butI am really interested in these corruption cases usually, there is a fascinating one based in San Diego, about the Navy, but what's always so interesting to me, is the relatively small amounts of money, and gifts, that seduce these guys. A Louis Vuitton tie? Burberry? A trip to Punta Cantu? San Diego? It's the power that undoes all these guys, plus in every case, poor financial habits. Obviously, that's who you target for exploitation, the weak, the fat, the sloppy. Mcdonnell's is almost verbatim. Threw a career away for some LV ties, and a few trips.

You'll be surprised many times it's just flattery. Politicians deep down inside want to be the rich flashy businessman. And when you're a government official no matter how lowly, you could be a fukking clerk in the business license office, because you have the power to make things easier, people with far more money than you could ever imagine will kiss your ass and give you things in exchange for assistance.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Definitely, I think I've seen that over and over again in corruption cases, locally and abroad. It's part of our worship of money, and politicians lust and need for it, within our political system, as well as just the social capital it provides. It's the kind of shallow flattery someone like Trump does so well, a little flattery and compliments, "you know I really could see you being someone in the business world, when your done with all this, I really think it's great what you are doing though, real service, you're the real hero".