Placement on XXL (Featuring The Lox)

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I use the same sample as the first beat of this video , i wonder if he sample from my version :jbhmm: , Anyway great work as usual that beat is flame man , keep pushing breh :salute:

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I use the same sample as the first beat of this video , i wonder if he sample from my version :jbhmm: , Anyway great work as usual that beat is flame man , keep pushing breh :salute:

Oh Word? I wouldn't know. But your instrumental is dope! I really appreciate the support DBR!

• Dap
Reactions: DBR

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
How did you land the placement?
You did a licensing deal with them?
If so, did you get paid upfront and will you get paid royalties on the back-end?
Did they re-title your work?

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
How did you land the placement?
You did a licensing deal with them?
If so, did you get paid upfront and will you get paid royalties on the back-end?
Did they re-title your work?
Through an A&R I met and developed a relationship with at iStandard.
It's a license agreement. I'm currently on a non disclosure agreement as to the specifics of the deal, but I can tell you that great opportunity has happened because of the work I've done, and things are trending up. If there is anything I can help you with specifically let me know.

Last edited:

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Nah, that's it. All imma say is dat :ufdup: if it wasn't a non-exclusive deal right?

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Just a few things producers out there need to know about.
If producers treat it like a business then things work better for them, but there but many times people are just happy to be in the show.(game) that they don't worry themselves with it. At the same time there are many producers who think that there going to get top notch for their first few records and start making a-list producers money at the beginning but it doesn't work like that. It's all about relationships and leverage. So each deal on a specific record/ or placement is different. Unless someone signs to a label under their terms.