Pretty Money: The Official Floyd Mayweather Jr. TOP 20 Fights Thread

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
I been binge watching younger Floyd fights these past couple nights..the Corrales fight, the Gerena fight, the Augustus fight..Pretty Boy Floyd>Money Mayweather as far as crowd appeasing fights..he used to go in there going for the KO..I can see why he became a more defensive fighter tho because if he kept that old style going up in weight he had way more of a chance of getting KOed

His Gatti fight is still my favorite performance from a boxer ever next to James Toney vs Iran Barkley..I remember ordering that Gatti fight & watching it live & being :picard: at how often he was landing..IIRC Ricky Hatton was ringside

I wish that Prince Naseem-Floyd fight happened in the 90's just off the strength of their personalities :russ:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Im sure u watch pac... Pac never backs up in that position. Both those fighters have the GOAT conditioning and stamina. That was very different from any pac fight that ive see. When he has u on the ropes, seemingly hurt or not, he just keeps going with his flurries. So to have thought something was alil off. And then for them to say he got hurt at that time.... Very crazy coincidence. May could have still won the fight. He was looking great. But the fight overall would have been more exciting
Throwing 15 shots on the ropes and not land one impactful shot demoralizes a fighter; besides Manny was smart Floyd was playing possum trying to bait Manny to throw random shots so he could drop a hammer ala JMM, at times Floyd even walked towards Manny with his hands all the way down trying to lure him into swinging away

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@SuikodenII its been years but that shane mosley buildup was really funny, mostly because Mayweather would be at a press conference I cant remember which but hes doing an interview, and hes like

"shane closes his eyes when he punches, he doesn't use the jab" :mjlol:

*looks over at shane mosley doing a separate interview"

"shane why don't you use the jab?"
:beli:

"he doesn't use the jab" :mjlol:

then there was the gatti fight buildup, Gatti promises to beat Floyd down, as Floyd steps to the mic, Vivian harris hijacks the shyt, calls him a fakkit Floyd

"i never seen you fight!?" :beli:

Harris then has an embarrassing loss on floyds undercard lol. my god this shyt was hilarious. If Harris wins that fight, Floyd would have likely fought him after that blatant disrespect :picard:
which means the jump to welterweight doesn't happen so fast.

Floyd also said something on boxingtalk about Judah something like hes a "thousandaire" or some shyt like that I never heard that insult before. Whole Judah fight was comedy right up to Judah not saying a word during buildup.

Floyd been around so goddamn long though, amatuers, Olympics etc I been hearing this nikka name a good 23 years of my life.
:dead:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Big fan of both.. Im just not a D Rider, like alot of dudes. Pac hurt May twice in that fight. Then all of a sudden stops being aggressive at all? Guess we didn't see the same fight. Cool
Just because you are caught clean doesnt mean youre hurt; plus he was able to guard intelligently, those reactions were a little bit of nerves and playing possum; now Chino hurt the shyt out of Floyd in both fights and had him worried in there, fight 2 where Floyd got checked after the bell; he was definitely hurt there

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Im not talking about just being caught clean though. We've all seen may hurt before. Chop chop, zab, mosley... He puts his back against the ropes and covers up... Til he recovers. Like he did against Pac.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
It was 2007 with the DLH and Hatton fights in which he went from PBF to Money.

The Gatti fight was like watching someone slowly dissect a butterfly by ripping its wings out. My god that was just a one-sided beating.

I really liked the Jesus Chavez fight in 2001, he just uppercut Chavez silly. Chavez's aggression and activity made the fight seem more competitive than it really was, but Chavez was slowly taking a terrible beating with the number of clean hard shots he was taking.