Potential?
hqdefault.jpg

beat me to it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Good pic. I still think he's gonna get broken off pretty bad. Depends how long they're willing to let him train, before they want to get him on PPV.

Either way, salute to the guy for really wanting to test himself. As a big MMA fan and someone that trains, I think it's kinda silly that the UFC is letting him start there with a 0-0-0 record and no history of participation in any combat sports. But business is business, and I understand what they're trying to do. I'll be tuning in.

I'm sure the UFC has thought of this but they really need to build an incredible card around this. Even 1 or 2 lopsided fights would be fine, as long as the match-making is exciting. Really try to bring in some viewers that tune in just to watch Punk, and gain some new fans. The card absolutely must be exciting.

I wish Punk all the best, and I hope he does great in his MMA endeavors.

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not saying he'll be good or bad, but take comments from his camp with a grain of salt. People aren't gonna diss their own guy, even if he sucks.

Although I do think you can read between the lines a bit.

"the future of MMA" = showing some potential, but still raw
"still stuff to work on, but has potential" = probably useless at this point but might have done a few things ok, and at least he didn't quit yet

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duke Roufus seems to believe in him, dude was on the Joe Rogan podcast and he seemed really legit so I buy it

just my opinion, i have no solid evidence that Punk isnt gonna take a real life GTS in the octagon :patrice: