Question, did Kevin Hart fall off or was his standup never funny to begin with? Does he belong on this flyer brehs?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I dont think his comedy fell off. I think hes oversaturated. He's been in our face non stop for a decade plus now. Mans works too much. He needs to give ppl a chance to miss him. Also needs to stop acting in these shyt movies.
this..because when he picks the right projects he shines....then he picks some ol bullshyt thats clearly for the check

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I clearly remember he was killing shyt with his first 2 or 3 stand up specials, getting love for his TV appearances and had nikkas all over quoting his shyt from"You gonna learn today" to "pill you muffin cap back" to "alright alright alright". Now his comedy did fall off standup wise and his latest specials have not been as funny but nikkas is capping if they say he was never funny. Look at the comments on the post below from Mike Epps. 98% of the people are shytting on Kevin Hart and the shyt is all black people doing it and it's sickening to me. It has literally become trendy to say "Kevin Hart has never been funny"

He was funny (to me) in early movies like paper soldiers and 40 y/o virgin. He’s never been a great stand up comedian to me. He did well with the material he had around the time he blew up (2010ish) but his stand up has been completely not funny to me for over a decade now. Only reason he’s able to do stand up on a large scale is due to his superstardom

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
He mostly joked about his life and the problem with that is he can’t make being a rich nikka funny

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
Staying in the 'good side' of the black community is hard as hell. Seems like people just wake up one day and feel deep hatred against you smh. Breh has never been the type to do controversial things and yet all we see nowadays is that he is evil.

It's nowonder some black celebs just stay in white circles:francis:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
never thought he was a legit stand up in that sense...always saw him as a comedic actor
How is he NOT a legit standup?!?!?!?!? This is actually ridiculous considering his background and output. You may not like his work but to say he’s not a legit standup is wild.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought The Real Husbands of Hollywood was funny and he’s usually likable in his movies, but he’s not as funny as he used to be
Being funny isn’t his focus anymore, he’s clearly most interested in business now. He’s still funny, naturally, but he’s not likely to take any risks in his comedy anymore.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Kevin Hart is actually very funny in his interviews and off-script moments. He is a great comedic story teller.
He is somewhat funny in movies.
His standups were always average or miss to me. Not very good.

He is just an insanely hard worker. That is what sets him apart. Anybody that says he isn't funny at all or is a plant, sounds like a hater. He isn't anywhere near the top of the funny comedian list, but he holds his own.