Ray Sefo temporarily steps down as WSOF boss

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ray Sefo recently announced he's temporarily stepping down as president of the World Series of Fighting promotion , and ahead of his WSOF 4 fight, he'll join the WSOF Fan Fest on Saturday.

Officials recently announced details for the one-day fan event, which takes place at Dave & Buster's (4821 Mills Circle) in Ontario, Calif., from noon to 4 p.m. PT.

Ontario also plays host to WSOF on Aug. 10, where Sefo (2-1), a veteran kickboxer and boxer who's also dabbled in MMA, meets fellow heavyweight Dave Huckaba (20-5) in an NBC Sports Network-televised main-card bout. The 42-year-old Sefo, who competes professionally for the 88th time in combat sports, stepped down as WSOF president so he can concentrate fully on his bout.

"I'm looking forward to another chance to step into the cage, but before I do, I felt taking a temporary leave from my executive duties was the right thing to do," Sefo stated earlier this week. "I'm fortunate to have an outstanding team at World Series of Fighting, which I know will handle our operations while I'm gone. And after my fight, I'll step back into my role as World Series of Fighting president."

Sefo and top WSOF welterweight contender Josh Burkman will be on hand for Saturday's fan fest, which includes a meet and greet, autograph sessions, training and demonstration sessions, photo opportunities, giveaways, a punching machine competition and other activities.

In addition to Sefo vs. Huckaba, WSOF 4 features a light-heavyweight headliner between Tyrone Spong (1-0) and Angel DeAnda (11-2). Marlon Moraes, Nick Newell, Tyson Griffin, Gerald Harris, Antonio McKee and other notables also are in action.