Real Talk: Is the overall wealth of Black Americans actually lower than reported?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Most black wealth is in pensions and real estate, largely held by boomers. Tone constantly shows the Federal Reserve data, and not anecdotes

2:50

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
What you wrote doesn't make complete sense, because your White counterparts would be similarly situated. While some of those folks might inherit businesses from their parents, what is more likely is that they inherited their parents homes and/or received life insurance proceeds from their parents and personal investments. With that said most older Black that I know and knew owned their homes. So personal wealth has been getting passed along, but there is some kind of hole somewhere in the reporting.
Understood, although you could have chose better words, like, "there are other scenarios, etc... Or you could have just added your comments, instead of telling somebody what they wrote don't make complete sense. I could have started my response to you the same way, but I didn't, nor did anyone else, although you didn't make complete sense either. You left out a few scenarios, like only 43 percent of Black Americans even own a home, and dropping. And you don't wanna talk about the lack of single Black men owning homes, like I was tryna tell you. The number is so low, you probably gotta go to the library to find the percentage. What's so hard to understand about that, when you can see it with your own eyes, if you're an African-American.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Understood, although you could have chose better words, like, "there are other scenarios, etc... Or you could have just added your comments, instead of telling somebody what they wrote don't make complete sense. I could have started my response to you the same way, but I didn't, nor did anyone else, although you didn't make complete sense either. You left out a few scenarios, like only 43 percent of Black Americans even own a home, and dropping. And you don't wanna talk about the lack of single Black men owning homes, like I was tryna tell you. The number is so low, you probably gotta go to the library to find the percentage. What's so hard to understand about that, when you can see it with your own eyes, if you're an African-American.
When I wrote "don't make complete sense" it wasn't your comment that I was referring to it was about Black people not having similar wealth as their similarly situated White counterparts, because most inherited wealth for both groups is in real estate an insurance proceeds.

The differences that I have noticed is in spending.