ring/stationary dips

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
i get a pump in my triceps and chest when i do weighted stationary dips, though i have to correct my form often to keep my side delts from hurting. now ring dips, while harder, i can still do them weighted but don't feel a pump anywhere - just pain in my sternum, and i do have costochondritis which has only just recently stopped fukkin with me after years of pain. which should i do or should i bush them both?

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
i get a pump in my triceps and chest when i do weighted stationary dips, though i have to correct my form often to keep my side delts from hurting. now ring dips, while harder, i can still do them weighted but don't feel a pump anywhere - just pain in my sternum, and i do have costochondritis which has only just recently stopped fukkin with me after years of pain. which should i do or should i bush them both?

Both are great exercises, just have to use the correct form .
On the stationary dips....if you're at a gym , grip the bars either closer or further away to avoid delt pain...
You should be turning your wrists as you do the ring dips.
Do both stationary and rings without weight. To make the movements more difficult, use the same tricks that gymnasts use....

legs hanging down
legs up, knees bent
legs up(l sit)

each variation makes the movements progressively more difficult using leverage.
When you can do unweighted L sit dips on rings...with no problem.....or shaking

start adding weights in increments

you will gain insane strength

Last edited:

sinistersouth

Banned
Daps
Reppin
New York City. I mean Kansas.
you know what, i just tried my ring dips unweighted and i actually got a pump with higher reps than when i do them weighted. so because i didnt really get a pump doing them weighted, does that mean calisthenics, weighted or unweighted only gets you pumped with high reps? and is a workout worth a shyt if you dont get pumped in the first place or will there still be strength gains?