RJJ Vs GGG at 160

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
At 160? He was pretty much invincible. But who did he really fight at 160? But as he stepped up his weight and competition. Fights like these exposed a blueprint

See the difference between Roy in middle of the ring vs on the ropes. Roy used a high guard and usually waited for a guy to punch himself out then he would pounce...u saw very little inside fighting vs Roy and he
he used instead was his leaping left hook and superb timing.

A guy like GGG would come at Roy all night and force him to fight off the ropes. Does Triple G get popped and countered? Sure. But he has the chin to not get blasted away...and Roy already had a nasty tendency off backing himself up to the ropes and once there he would cover up, try to catch u coming in or just wait for u get tired. Either way it's a position where he is Inactive and not in a position where he can utilize his strengths.

G would definitely score points. Not saying he would win. I just don't think Roy blasts him away like a lot of posters are saying.

The fight vs. GGG would be at 160 correct? We know it wouldn't be at 168 because of how he avoided SOG at that weight, and even so, it wouldn't make a difference. You're showing me a fight at 175 where the opponent (Montell Griffin) was KO'd twice to prove your point? Okay. I understand your point of Roy WILLINGLY leaning on the ropes time to time, but that doesn't mean he's uncomfortable at all. See, uncomfortable is a bad choice of word. GGG chin has been tested by whom? Canelo? Who isn't even a natural 160lb fighter? Or Jacobs who is, and dazed GGG enough times to further make me believe that he couldn't handle Roy's power like you or others may think.

What you're doing is showing what we already know about Roy and his style of fighting. Just because he goes to the ropes doesn't mean he's uncomfortable because we've all seen him hurt and KO fighters while his back was to the rope. I also don't believe GGG will hurt Roy because we've seen his chin tested by the best at all weights, and he even ate a heavyweight's punches. 160-168 Roy TKO's GGG IMO. I'd have to agree with the other posters, he'd get blasted by Roy, because of the battle of styles. Don't forget how little Canelo smiled at GGG's best shots, got his head snapped.....but didn't budge. Great post regardless breh.

Last edited:

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fight vs. GGG would be at 160 correct? We know it wouldn't be at 168 because of how he avoided SOG at that weight, and even so, it wouldn't make a difference. You're showing me a fight at 175 where the opponent (Montell Griffin) was KO'd twice to prove your point? Okay. I understand your point of Roy WILLINGLY leaning on the ropes time to time, but that doesn't mean he's uncomfortable at all. See, uncomfortable is a bad choice of word. GGG chin has been tested by whom? Canelo? Who isn't even a natural 160lb fighter? Or Jacobs who is, and dazed GGG enough times to further make me believe that he couldn't handle Roy's power like you or others may think.

What you're doing is showing what we already know about Roy and his style of fighting. Just because he goes to the ropes doesn't mean he's uncomfortable because we've all seen him hurt and KO fighters while his back was to the rope. I also don't believe GGG will hurt Roy because we've seen his chin tested by the best at all weights, and he even ate a heavyweight's punches. 160-168 Roy TKO's GGG IMO. I'd have to agree with the other posters, he'd get blasted by Roy, because of the battle of styles. Don't forget how little Canelo smiled at GGG's best shots, got his head snapped.....but didn't budge. Great post regardless breh.

I know the weight was 160 and Roy vs Montell was actually at 175. But I just used the clip to highlight Roy's fighting style and how it sometimes got him into trouble. Especially against aggressive fighters

Gotta ask tho...you really think that Roy was actually "comfortable" against the ropes in a high guard, covering up like that? Because that's what he tended to do when someone got him against the ropes. Doesn't appear to be a comfort zone to me.

Who did he KO when he was backed up? And Canelo"s chin is hardbody breh...you can't use him as an example as to why Roy would do better.

GGG maybe doesn't hurt him with any particular shot but he"ll make him fight a tough grinding fight.

I respect your points though...I see where you"re coming from:ehh:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I know the weight was 160 and Roy vs Montell was actually at 175. But I just used the clip to highlight Roy's fighting style and how it sometimes got him into trouble. Especially against aggressive fighters

Gotta ask tho...you really think that Roy was actually "comfortable" against the ropes in a high guard, covering up like that? Because that's what he tended to do when someone got him against the ropes. Doesn't appear to be a comfort zone to me.

Who did he KO when he was backed up? And Canelo"s chin is hardbody breh...you can't use him as an example as to why Roy would do better.

GGG maybe doesn't hurt him with any particular shot but he"ll make him fight a tough grinding fight.

I respect your points though...I see where you"re coming from:ehh:

:dwillhuh:

Peep how many times Roy willfully goes to the ropes. I'm Sorry @patscorpio I know this is on your man Left Hook:mjgrin: but I have a point to prove.

You keep harping on how Roy's style at times got him in trouble, when I'm talking about GGG supposedly making him uncomfortable.You're moving goal posts.Would Roy prefer to be in the middle of the ring as opposed to leaning on the ropes? I believe so, but that doesn't mean he'll be uncomfortable, he seemed comfortable fighting on the ropes to me, just not as effective when he got older. Once again there's a difference. Also, the reason I used Canelo's chin is because he's a 154lb. fighter that GGG couldn't budge or daze. So what do you think he's going to do to a prime 160-168 Roy Jr.'s chin? IMO, nothing.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Peep how many times Roy willfully goes to the ropes. I'm Sorry @patscorpio I know this is on your man Left Hook:mjgrin: but I have a point to prove.

:francis: man y'all gotta leave my man alone :mjcry:..that man was bad

lacywinsheika.jpg

Left Hook :birdman:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:mjlol: at all the responses in this thread.

GGG is shaping up to be an era great and will prolly see the HOF eventually, but Roy is an ALL TIME great.

Both are elite in what they do, but one's elite is on a whole different level than the other guy's elite.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Roy loved the sport so much that he kept fighting well past his prime. All those knockouts really tarnished his image. Roy is perhaps AT LEAST top 25 of all time, and easily top 3 middleweight. Dude was just amazing to watch.

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
We talkin bout Roy in his prime rite:mjgrin:

Cause if we are that Roy would beat the stamps off GGG no contest:martin: