Rory MacDonald: “I’m going in there to win a fight, .........

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
68308161-750x340-1373813531.jpg

Rory MacDonald:

There have already been a handful of heated exchanges between UFC welterweights Rory MacDonald and Jake Ellenberger leading up to their fight in a few weeks at UFC on FOX 8. However, MacDonald recently clarified his stance on Ellenberger, saying he’d simply been having some fun with his upcoming opponent rather than actually engaging in a personal feud.

According to MacDonald, he doesn’t need to dislike an individual to motivate himself to mash him into a paste inside the Octagon.

“Maybe it is (personal) for him, but at the end of the day, this is my job, to fight,” explained MacDonald to MMAJunkie. “I don’t let trash talk or anything get in the way or (make) a difference in my focus or my emotions. He could be the nicest guy, or the rudest guy.”

“He chose that route, and really, it doesn’t make a difference to me. I’m going in there to win a fight, regardless of what attitude he brings in there,” MacDonald concluded.

Of course, that’s not to say the 23-year old won’t attempt to enjoy himself at Ellenberger’s expense when the two tangle on July 27.

“Sometimes you train so hard and for so long and you only get 15 minutes max of game day for a few times a year, so sometimes it’s nice to spend a little time in there and get hit once or twice or hit him a little more,” offered MacDonald on his attitude entering in-ring efforts. “Sometimes it’s just a little more fun. Sometimes, you just want to hurt someone and devastate their lives fast. But I only react to how I’m feeling that night.”

MacDonald is 14-1 with wins in his last four fights. By comparison, the 29-6 Ellenberger is on a two-tilt run including success against Jay Hieron and Nate Marquardt.

IronFist

🎯 𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓽 🎯
Supporter
Daps
i havent kept up with rory since his fight with pyle

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Need Rory to win decisively with the hope of him being the eventual number 1 contender with GSP as the champ. That situation would be VERY interesting... :scheme:

igGJG.gif