Roy Jones vs Marvin Hagler In prime at 160

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
I can honestly say RJJ was the most gifted boxer I've ever seen in my life. I honestly think he would wax anyone at 160.

I've never seen any boxer toy with fighters like him, he was like loma x 10

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I think Meldrick's tendency to want to stay inside and fight does him in, if say he makes it to 135 and fights mosley. The brawling is what gets him dropped and possibly stopped late. To much fighter in him for his own good and it plays into Shane's strengths.

Whitaker, is a super tough fight stylistically :smile:
I take back what I said LOL, this is one I think can beat him, this is the 50/50 one just on style.
Toss up fight I can see Shane implementing a more effective version of the gameplan McGirt had in the first fight, but I could also see Sweetpea out manuevering Shane all night and making it a ugly fight where he never gets a chance to get off too.

Even though we didn't agree, I appreciate your stance:myman:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Jones Jr by late TKO. Let me make this clear guys- the ONLY fighter that could beat prime 160lb Jones Jr is Robinson. Arguably. Otherwise NOBODY beats Jones Jr in his prime.

Me too :blessed:

And although I pick RJJ to win, it aint no walk in the park. And it aint no KO either. See RJJ winning a clean and unanimous decision in the competitive fight

:dwillhuh: i agree on overall outcome, but still

Hagler was a beast but RJJ wins. Too fast, big and athletic also with huge power. Might sound banal but Hagler just isn't fast enough to catch RJJ imo.

RJJ v Hearns would be a more interesting matchup imo. Hearns would have a solid reach advantage over Roy he could also match his speed more, and Roy would have to make greater efforts to outbox Hearns. He could match more RJJ's most important abilities/attributes than Hagler. In short Hearns is a worse style matchup for Roy than Hagler.

:ehh: