Sad shyt... look what American fast food did to Kuwait

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
People like McDonald's here they like McDonald's there. That's what I meant.
It is westernization.
It is not mere likes & dislikes, it is hacking the body for profit.

Mickey D’s fries are made of more than just Russet Burbank and Shepody potatoes—they also pack in vegetable oil (canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and salt. And the culprit that’s responsible for cultivating your addiction is the far-from-innocent natural beef flavor. McDonald’s discloses that this savory addition is mostly made up of hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk.

While wheat and milk aren’t bad ingredients (unless you have an intolerance), hydrolyzing them—in a process where heat and chemicals break down the foods and produce MSG, which achieves extra appetizing flavors—poses a threat to your tummy. Besides for weight gain and weird allergy-type reactions, MSG also increases appetite by inhibiting your brain from registering that you’re satiated. In fact, one study found that giving laboratory rats MSG increased their food intake by an extra 40 percent!

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The main issue with obesity the lack of black advancement is socio-cultural. Obesity racial disparity did not come out of nowhere: it was created by a certain type of socio-economic environment. You can't reduce it to an issue of self discipline and individual choices. Of course this aspect plays a role, but it's bigger than that. Telling people to discipline themselves is a part of the solution, but it won't be enough to resolve this issue.

Individual solutions never solve systemic problems. Never.

Fixed. :bpsalute:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It seems many think libertarians are against regulation when it's really just over-regulation.
Many times--in my experience--libertarians fail to give real-world examples of regulations that actually hinder growth. :francis:
Many regulations that they dismiss as absurd are either entirely hypothetical, not actually "regulations" in the economic sense, or they woefully misunderstand the application of said regulation in a broader context. :francis:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually agree with dead on this one. Now if you want to talk about issues regarding food deserts etc then I can dig it, but people will spend their money wherever they want.

Popeyes spicy tenders :wow:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I ate pizza hut and basket robbins in iraq lol:yeshrug:
Overseas fast food has the advantage of familiarity and trust.
I’ve only hit up McDonalds and Starbucks when passing through Schiphol, and I’m there monthly:heh:

Playing with your stomach before a flight just seems like such a bad idea.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I live here. Dont eat much fast food, but generally speaking, the food here is off the hook. Its a main part of society so its held to pretty high standards.

The delivery game here is incredible. Phone apps let you order from basically any restaurant and you have thousands to choose from.

There are convenience stores ( called baqala's ) on like every street, sometimes 2 or more on 1 street. Usually they all deliver as well. You just get their number and you can order delivery from home for things like cigs drinks munchies etc.:russ: Even if your driving and you pull up infront of a baqala, you dont have to leave your car, you honk and someone comes out and takes your order! Same goes for a lot of restaurants.

Its a very lazy culture, but then again, 50+ C weather for 6 straight months will make you lazy af :picard:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live here. Dont eat much fast food, but generally speaking, the food here is off the hook. Its a main part of society so its held to pretty high standards.

The delivery game here is incredible. Phone apps let you order from basically any restaurant and you have thousands to choose from.

There are convenience stores ( called baqala's ) on like every street, sometimes 2 or more on 1 street. Usually they all deliver as well. You just get their number and you can order delivery from home for things like cigs drinks munchies etc.:russ: Even if your driving and you pull up infront of a baqala, you dont have to leave your car, you honk and someone comes out and takes your order! Same goes for a lot of restaurants.

Its a very lazy culture, but then again, 50+ C weather for 6 straight months will make you lazy af :picard:
What you doing in Kuwait? I vistied Kuwait City a very long time ago. Gulf culture is the same everywhere in the peninsula.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a GLOBAL phenomenon. It's way more complex than "it's only your fault". Of course, these fat cats bare a part of responsibility, but it's bigger than that.

Obesity is the kid of modern industrialized lifestyle.

Most people, especially the new middle class of emergent countries, don't have the knowledge to understand the implication of their food. Culinary traditions established for centuries are being wiped out in a decade and replace by fast-food. So these people are lost and used fo profit.
Yep. The change is especially rapid and disorienting in the Gulf, probably moreso than anywhere in the world. A transformation from bedouin, nomadic culture in extremely harsh environments to among the wealthiest places in the world literally overnight. The entire underpinnings of their cultural traditions, which were developed over a millenia have been rendered dated or obsolete before anyone could even adapt.