Samples with drums

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
struggling with this currently...joint im working on has a light drum to it and i cant seem to chop around it and have it sound right and it has a constant double snare(not sure what to call it) where it hits twice on the 2nd four and it gets kind of annoying with that same snare placement the entire time...trying to figure out ways around it...right now i'm just going with different snare sounds to at least try to keep it fresh but i'd rather take them out altogether so my drum pattern can open up a bit.
Ive found that samples with drums can stifle creativity... cause that shyt will lock you into a drum pattern. All you can do is layer your own sounds over the sample.
BUT... once you find the right sounds, that opens up tons of possibilities. You can just lay down your own drum line, and chop the sample around it. Turn the volume of the drums up, and turn the sample down, and the extra snares will find a place in the mix.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Cut/trim out one of the snares like you said. See what it sounds like, a lot of the time it makes no difference. If it sounds a bit wonky just put a sfx/vocal shot ect.. over it and maybe change it up every time it comes round.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I either filter the drums out with EQ and/or reverb, or layer my own drums over it.