SAS quad bike squads kill up to 8 jihadis each day (200+)

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I think they might be more so. You don't here anything about them in the news, because they prefer to just be quiet what I've heard/read. Their culture is a lot of quiet and reserved than SEALs. I thin the joke was "How do you know if you're talking to a Navy SEAL?" "Easy, they'll tell you." There have been a couple of books written from former Delta guys, but dozens from former SEALs.

I think if they had carried out the mission on Osama Bin Laden that they would've stayed quiet and not ran for the spotlight. They stayed quiet after Sadaam. There's a few reasons why people think they got the back seat to the SEALs for Osama. Delta got Sadaam, and Admiral McRaven (commander of JSOC) is a former SEAL Team Six/DEVGRU guy himself. If he didn't give the operation to his boys he would've gotten shyt for it.

The reality is that DEVGRU (SEAL Team Six) and CAG (Delta) are both the best of the best, and are as tip of the spear as it gets. I've also heard something about a CIA SAD (Special Activities Division) that recruits from both, but I don't know anything about them.I mean I don't know shyt about any of them. But I know less shyt about the CIA dudes.
So ST6 is not part of The Navy Seals?

Abdi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Horn of Africa.
Pro-ISIS circulating this pic in response to that claim
B3PAFi2IEAAyiME.jpg
somebody lying.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
So ST6 is not part of The Navy Seals?

It is. They just changed their official name a long time ago to Naval Special Warfare Development Group to avoid publicity. DEVGRU for short. Honestly it's probably something else now. Some thing with Delta. They changed to CAG (Combat Applications Group) but again, they're probably something else now, not that the name really matter.

ST6 was actually the 3rd team. There was 1 and 2, and then Richard Marcinko (the founder) called it 6 to confuse the enemy and make them think we had more Teams than we had.

ST6 is a part of the SEALs, but in the sense that they pull from other SEAL Teams. If SEALs are the NBA then ST6 would be the All Star team. After you've had a number of combat deployments, you can be eligible for ST6, but the process of getting in is very secretive, and the details aren't really known. A part of it is they put your picture on the wall and ST6 guys that used to serve with you will put a check or an x on there, and if you get certain amount of x's you're out.

If you qualify to "try out" then you go through a really intense training course that is supposed to have a much higher failure/wash out rate than regular BUDS (basic SEAL training). Instead of trying to break you, it's more about finding who the best of the best are. If you get through that, you're in. That's the broad strokes and again I don't think any civilians really know the details. Heavy pysch evaluations are probably involved, etc.

ST6 specializes in counter-terrorism, hostage rescue, and the idea at first was for it to be a Delta Force that could operate in the water, so maybe if there were hostages on a boat or oil rig, they'd send in ST6 instead of Delta. But now days their roles are pretty much identical, and they're both the elite of the elite.

Some decent info here. Again, some of it is probably misinformation and/or outdated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAL_Team_Six
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Force

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Found this list of the 10 most elite spec ops units in the U.S. military

10. USMC Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team

Also known as FAST, is ready for rapid deployment when US Government installations throughout the world require additional security. They are stationed at different naval command posts throughout the world. This unit of close to 500 Marines is specially trained using the state-of-the-art weapons.

9. USAF Pararescuemen, PJ – The primary mission of the US Air Force’s Pararescuemen is to recover aircrew members who are either downed and/or injured in harsh environments. They also provide on the scene emergency medical treatment to stabilize the injured while evacuating them. The conditions sometimes warrant them to act as aircrew gunners and scanners as some missions require enemy evasion.

8. US Army 75th Ranger Regiment – This elite infantry unit, aka: Rangers, is a Special Operations unit headquartered at Ft. Benning, GA. The unit is made up of a single Special Troops Battalion and three special operations battalions, specially trained with a variety of skills needed for a number of different specialized missions. These three light infantry battalions are can be rapidly deployed and take turns rotating into the “Ranger Ready Forces”, where they are on constant readiness with the ability to respond to any crisis, anywhere in the world, in less than 18 hours.

7. USMC Anglico – The US Marine Corps Special Forces – ANGLICO – are most noted for their proficiency in controlling Close Air Support (CAS). They are, however, also trained in ground based fires such as cannon and rocket artillery and precision guided munitions. The well-rounded training of the Anglico’s makes them the only firepower control team in the US Department of Defense who operates full time and have been fully trained to control and coordinate fire support from the air, on the land and on the sea.

6. USMC MARSOC – Activated in February of 2006, this specially trained Marine Corps group is a module command of the US Special Operations Command encompassing the USMCs contribution to SOCOM. The primary capabilities of MARSOC include direction action, special reconnaissance and also foreign internal defense. They are also in charge of counter-terrorism, information operations and unconventional warfare. These highly, specialized trained individuals must functionally capable of operating in fast-paced, often remote and complex, environments.

5. US Army Intelligence Support Activity – This top secret US Army intelligence unit’s primary function is to gather intelligence information that will pave the way for a plan of action. Some of the sources for their information includes (but is not limited to) local operatives working undercover and the monitoring and tracking of radio communications.

4. USMC Force Reconnaissance – Active since June of 1957, the USMC Force Reconnaissance are capable of performing both deep reconnaissance as well as direction action operations. This specialized task force is trained to operate independently behind enemy lines, while unconventional special ops, while supporting conventional warfare. Their primary focus is to support the Marine expeditionary and amphibious operations.

3. US Navy Seals – Probably one of (if not) the most well-known Special Ops group, the US Navy Seals are highly specialized and trained in the air, on the land and the sea. Their roots can be traced back to WWII when the US Navy realized the necessity to develop secret reconnaissance of landing beaches and coastal defenses. This discovery resulted in the establishing of the Amphibious Scout and Raider School in 1942.

2. US Army Delta Force– The US Army Delta Force unit generally consists of versatile, quiet professionals. They are involved in unconventional warfare, special reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, information operations as well as various other roles. Delta force members refer to themselves as “The Unit”. Delta Force was first organized in November of 1977 and is known for its versatility in conducting various types of covert operations, such as hostage rescues and raids.

1. US Navy DEVGRU, SEAL Team 6 – This US Naval Special Warfare Development Group has a classified number of teams deployed worldwide. The original Team 6 was initially dissolved back in 1987, but then re-established by the US Navy as the Special Warfare Development Group – DEVGRU. Most information about DEVGRU remains highly classified and neither the White House nor the Department of Defense will comment on the details of its activities.

The brief descriptions listed above for each of these specialized units merely scratches the surface of these deep, secretive and specialized units. They are among the best of the best, trained to acclimate to almost any weather, environment or situation, making them the top ten, most elite Special Operations nits in the US Military. American military special forces are the best ones on earth, and among them serves the very best heroes.