Scores Of Schools In Arizona Close As Teachers Embark On Massive Walkout

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Pay us or your kids don’t learn...:scust: That’s disgusting.
That kind of leverage is insane. End the union or privatize Education in the state.
There’s nothing stopping this from happening again next year.

:hubie:Not saying they don’t deserve more just :scusthov: @ the systemic processes in place around education.
how else do you lobby?

realistically they dont have alot of options

the problem is people looking down on those with professions that are becoming devalued in general. War is coming if white collar jobs slowly become obsolete

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pay us or your kids don’t learn...:scust: That’s disgusting.
That kind of leverage is insane. End the union or privatize Education in the state.
There’s nothing stopping this from happening again next year.

:hubie:Not saying they don’t deserve more just :scusthov: @ the systemic processes in place around education.

Don’t you agree people selling their labor have a right to bargain collectively?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
the problem is people looking down on those with professions that are becoming devalued in general.

Exactly. Teachers are not fukking babysitters, counselors, superheroes or saints. They are educated and trained PROFESSIONALS who deserve to be paid for their work just like everybody else. Good for the teachers! Since "those who can't, teach", let's see all of those of you who CAN, do.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Don’t you agree people selling their labor have a right to bargain collectively?
Not when the state has granted them a monopoly on providing the service.
Teachers don’t need to “bargain” for anything... ever, they can strike for anything they want.

:hubie:
Again, I’m not making any judgement on what they are asking for just noting(and disgusted by) the framework within which they operate.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
how else do you lobby?

realistically they dont have alot of options

the problem is people looking down on those with professions that are becoming devalued in general. War is coming if white collar jobs slowly become obsolete
They don’t have a lot of options, that they like* axe pensions and drastically increase base pay. Axe the union and let the market determine the value of individual teachers.
:yeshrug:
Truth is this debate around teacher pay rarely factors in benefits and a pensions system that is vastly more generous than anything you’d find in the private sector.

I don’t really like the idea of 3rd parties or the teachers themselves determining their value to taxpayers, but the reality is tax payers don’t value educators like they should so it kinda has to happen.
I flip flop tho, some days I wake up and it’s f*ck teachers y’all doing a shytty job anyway. Just do it cause you love it and shut up.
:lolbron:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
They don’t have a lot of options, that they like* axe pensions and drastically increase base pay. Axe the union and let the market determine the value of individual teachers.
:yeshrug:
Truth is this debate around teacher pay rarely factors in benefits and a pensions system that is vastly more generous than anything you’d find in the private sector.

I don’t really like the idea of 3rd parties or the teachers themselves determining their value to taxpayers, but the reality is tax payers don’t value educators like they should so it kinda has to happen.
I flip flop tho, some days I wake up and it’s f*ck teachers y’all doing a shytty job anyway. Just do it cause you love it and shut up.
:lolbron:
thing is ...when you consider that most people do not understand capitalism and just about all of them do not see the wealth that exists on the other side. The idea of paying for what they need simply isn't on the table. The public option is the only option.

if you dont make public schools benchmarked to some degree and you allow it to collapse and move to a free market system you will end up with horror story schools and for profit glory schools. Inequality will hit children in the worst way as it existed before the 60s. Yes while the market is deciding winners and losers it also means those without wealth will also get low quality. Its the natural course if it goes free market.

I cant stand by that. The public option must be held to a standard such that all children have the opportunity to a decent education even if you come from nothing :francis:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Exactly. Teachers are not fukking babysitters, counselors, superheroes or saints. They are educated and trained PROFESSIONALS who deserve to be paid for their work just like everybody else. Good for the teachers! Since "those who can't, teach", let's see all of those of you who CAN, do.

this is the got damn truth. i'm in the education field in Atlanta and I feel like a babysitter more than an educated professional. educators should be making way more than they are. because of low wages, I have gotten jobs in other career fields but I always find myself back teaching because I love kids and love watching them grow mentally.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
this is the got damn truth. i'm in the education field in Atlanta and I feel like a babysitter more than an educated professional. educators should be making way more than they are. because of low wages, I have gotten jobs in other career fields but I always find myself back teaching because I love kids and love watching them grow mentally.

I give my wife all the respect in the world for continuing to teach. I'd probably be locked up with the way some of these kids are.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No wonder cacs are moving there.

State doesn't give a fukk about the kids.

Get to keep all that dough