SCOTUS lets full Travel Ban go into effect, now the law of the land

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
when i saw the headline of this thread i had a speech already worked out i was going to post... i was going to talk about how soft obama was by not fighting harder for merrick garland .... then i saw the vote was 7 - 2 and realized that merrick garland being on the scotus wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway..... oh well, no soapbox for me....

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The president has the right to defend the nation he sees fit. What’s more interesting is he had 4 attempts at it.

We as democrats need to be concerned when these people start putting together political victories. It took them 3 times to repeal and replace. They learned and they just removed a leg of the tri-leg stool.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
I wonder what Kagan's justification was. :bpthink:

7-2??? Yeah, I need to see justifications as well.

when i saw the headline of this thread i had a speech already worked out i was going to post... i was going to talk about how soft obama was by not fighting harder for merrick garland .... then i saw the vote was 7 - 2 and realized that merrick garland being on the scotus wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway..... oh well, no soapbox for me....

Keep in mind this ruling is to determine if the Travel Ban should go into effect while it's litigated in lower courts. This is not declaring whether the travel ban is constitutional or not. That requires a much different analysis than what the courts went through for this.

Of course, one may be able to pick up what the court thinks about the travel ban from this, but it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Keep in mind this ruling is to determine if the Travel Ban should go into effect while it's litigated in lower courts. This is not declaring whether the travel ban is constitutional or not. That requires a much different analysis than what the courts went through for this.

Of course, one may be able to pick up what the court thinks about the travel ban from this, but it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Important insight that I was not aware of. Thanks, OP.

I got my eye on you...I know you're still #TrumpSet :mjplsufedup:

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Until the appeals results but with how they've voted.

shyt will be in effect regardless.